Atkins bars

K

Kat100

Can anyone advise please....I was looking at the Atkins bars in boots....chocolate and orange ones they looked yummie not cheap though....just wondered if they are ok for a t2 diet as a treat or a snack......thank you in advance...katx

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
Afraid I don't know Kat100. :(

But, I tell you what though..... Hmmm, sounds very appealing. :thumbup:

I'll be looking out for the replies you receive.

Have a pleasant week-end,

willie.

K

Kat100

Thanks willie....
I am keen to learn more....
Just had a bit of a google.....looks like they might be ok...just hoping some kind person here has some experience.....they would make such a nice treat....yum

Hope you are feeling so much better by the way....
Tc Kat x

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
As suggested, they are heavily processed and full of all kinds of stuff that doesn't belong in a chocolate bar. However, that said, they are low carb and I haven't found that they spike me particularly.
I was a chocaholic before I was diagnosed, so I have them if I get a real chocolate craving that won't go away... and to be honest, half a bar is usually enough. I like the chocolate decadence one the best.

hornplayer

I tend to avoid the bars but I have been known to gulp back one of the ready made coffee shakes if I start flagging mid afternoon. - It stops me wanting to murder small children.

:)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

whompa73

Dislikes
Chavs
Andy12345 has a minor love affair wirh them if I remember correctly . Hes prob the guy to ask. He is also a low carber 30 gram ish per day

K

Kat100

Thank you all for your kind replys I may have to have a go and see what they are like......yes I thought Andy had mentioned them before......so some one eats them....just feel the need to try them ....you know see what they are like......thanks again Kat x

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Amazon sell them. But Asda have them for £1.00 although limited choice of flavours

Cara

sandysan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
do you manage to eat well on 30 carbs a day paul ,, ? about 2 items I choose are probably 30g :D

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
Haven't managed to look for them yet,
but I'm a convert already. :thumbup:

Yum Yum for my Tum Tum for sure.

willie.

K

Kat100

Hi weewillie found a site while having a google it sells boxes of the choc bars....some veggie to....
Avid lite think it was called they do all the atkins bars and a Christmas pudding....and I spotted weathers originals sugar free....I think a girl will be going shopping on line ;)
Anything is worth a try I think if you want to try something....best wishes Kat x

Fraddycat

The only way you are going to know is by testing before and then +2, everyone is different! I have Atkins bars as an occasional treat, they are lovely but a bit addictive. I bought a box of 18 of the coconut ones on Amazon and ended up having one a day, which is prob not good and I did find my numbers creeping up through the month. Now I have them rarely but they are very satisfying :)

K

Kat100

Don't mention the butter scotch one my husband has a bar in the fridge lol I have the green and blacks 85% one ;) but nice when in need....I am going to try one of those coconut bars just one a week might buy a box off that site.....Kat x ummmmm need it now....

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Kat100 said:
Hi weewillie found a site while having a google it sells boxes of the choc bars....some veggie to....
Avid lite think it was called they do all the atkins bars and a Christmas pudding....and I spotted weathers originals sugar free....I think a girl will be going shopping on line ;)
Anything is worth a try I think if you want to try something....best wishes Kat x

It's getting even better with every bit of info you're offering, Kat. :thumbup:

Thank you.

willie.

K

Kat100

Ha ha .......hello... weewillie, mrs weewillie will have a very content man, with crumble and atkins.... The avid lite site looks good.....;) Kat x

Jillycoops5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Kat100,

I am on the atkins diet, the atkins bars are low carb and good if you get cravings for sweet stuff. The only thing I would warn about is cause they have artificial sweetner in them that can act as a laxitive, i am sensitive to artificial sweetener so now avoid the bars as i get an upset stomach if I eat them. I might add though they are tasty and I am sad i can't eat them.