Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackcat79

Re: Type 2's : What was your fasting blood glucose in a morn

Well my r 17.1! But they were 32.7 last nite but i rang out of hours docs who kept on ringing till they started to drop as im on my own. It nearlybwas a trip to A n E!"eek. Im waiting to go vitoza injections asap as meds rnt working to wellb it seem. :-(

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

destiny0321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
people who think nothing is wrong with you because they do not see blood or a plaster cast, i suffer with arthritis & use a zimmer & wheelchair but because they cant see anything wrong people assume nothing is wrong with you.

before breakfast 7.1 had porridge now 2 hrs later 13.1 whoops

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf

Things aren't too good at the moment. This morning was 18.9. It's been high all week. I have auto immune problems which probably not helping. May have LADA rather than type2. Let's wait n see.

Frosty66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Snow

Watch those cereals destiny0321. Same thing happened to me. I dont go near cereals.

ardenjock

Type of diabetes
Type 2

:roll: Over past week it varies between 6 and 7.8.I am on 500mg Metformin x 2 in a day.Top tip from nurse was to eat earlier in afternoon.
It has worked and I sleep better.Though still having to get up for loo (Once).

teej77

I suffer very badly from DP and this does not help me through the day, I eat at akward times of day sometimes not eating until 9 at night I always try and have breakfast through the week but dont manage it at the weekends, i am not sure how to stop this from happening as sometimes I wake to 15.9 (as on tuesday last week) its hard to get it down when its that hig, but Friday tho I managed 7.7 in the morning i hate the ups and downs of this illness ;(

teej77

I suffer very badly from DP and this does not help me through the day, I eat at akward times of day sometimes not eating until 9 at night I always try and have breakfast through the week but dont manage it at the weekends, i am not sure how to stop this from happening as sometimes I wake to 15.9 (as on tuesday last week) its hard to get it down when its that hig, but Friday tho I managed 7.7 in the morning i hate the ups and downs of this illness ;(

Morganator

23.9 had a bad night painwise and as braniac son pointed out liquid morphine contains corn syrup and sucrose :-(

Sent from my HTC Desire C using DCUK Forum mobile app

manc603

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Fasting glucose was 10.4 on the test taken 2.5 weeks ago.

Diagnosed as Type 2 last Friday based on the above results. Since the fasting test 2.5 weeks ago, I hit the gym etc etc. Waking levels seem to be lowering from 10.4 at the time of the fasting test to 6.1 this morning. Am diet and exercise only at the moment and losing weight (7lb so far) and have put myself on a low carb diet since diagnosis.

hotblack desiato

Type of diabetes
Type 2

9.6 were 8.4 before I went to bed last night , don't know if that is good , bad or indifferent , seeing the doc today about my cold feet that suddenly started night before last so I will ask :thumbup:

Shzz46

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who try to tell me what to do

Bg was 9.6 this morning it's not been that high for a while can't understand what's went wrong I didn't do anything different to what I usually do

slimgirl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Hi type 2 on waking 6.5 -7 usually.

hanham97

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes
7.1 this morning. Seems high for fasting, as I'm usually about 6.1

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm from aussieland and I'm so glad I found this site. I've managed with drugs and diet to bring my BG back to normal levels in 2 mths

hanham97

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes
Welcome Jackie.send us some warmth and Sun please.

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think this could be a useful thread to ressurect?

For me, 4.4 this morning.

The next few days will potentially be quite chaotic as I'll be travelling, and end up with a -4 time shift, followed immediately by a full day out with some real social animals.

Hopefully properly back in the saddle by the end of the week.

peterlemer

SImply_h[/quote said:
: mine was 7.1 this morning which is agreeably low for me.
My BGs have been steadily decreasing over the past 2 months following some diet changes which may or may not be relevant:

I've stopped eating high-fructose fruit and veg. eg apples, pears, blueberries, onions etc. stuff that has been staple for me for years.
I've replaced with rasberries, cantaloupe, passion fruit, and lots of veggies that don't have so much frictose.

I've taken to drinking more water daily, especially before bed.

I have made some additions to my supplements but its difficult to distinguish how effective they are.

Of course the above leaves out all the other measures I employ, I could go on for a few more paras! :)

pete

Status
Not open for further replies.