ShelleyHarris1981

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Racism,ignorance,nastiness,selfishness
Hi everyone

I just wanted to share my success at trying the Rosemary Conley diet that is working for me.

Been diagnosed type 1 for year and a half now. Have little boy 9 months and been struggling to lose baby weight so started Rosemary Conley diet after speaking to my diabetic nurse.

I am three weeks in and have lost 11lb. I absolutely love the diet, how easy it is to follow. I am exercising for half an hour a day (my husband has bought me various exercise equipment to encourage me along).

I havent felt this full of energy in so long. I feel wonderful.

I have also managed to lower my novarapid and insulatard injections.

Just wanted to share a positive weight loss story really.

Only need to lose 3 this week for my first stone loss certificate!

Hugs
Shelley x

Reactions: 2 people

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well done Shelley,
It always seems to be a good plan because of the way they combine diet with exercise.
Angela,
Hopefully Shelley will come back to answer but in the meantime there is a lot of info online if you google (including quite a lot of short fitness videos)

ShelleyHarris1981

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi sorry for delay I was unable to get online!

Diet is so straight forward. You cant eat more than 5g of fat per 100g. It is so simple!

They teach you about portion size too and for the first two weeks you use these colour coded portion pots for certain foods so you learn all about portion.size etc.

Even though its a low fat diet I truly believe because I have learnt about portion control I am also reducing carbs too.

I tried the low carb / high fat diet that alot of people on here talk about and although it works for them I felt awful. I put on so much weight and felt constantly tired and to be honest just ****. My skin went flaky dry and spotty.

Now for the first time since learning I was type 1 i feel I am getting a hold back on who I am, and my weight.

I cant believe I am enjoying exercise so much too. But for your money you also get an exercise class at the end of the session.

This diet wont work for everyone, I appreciate that, but for me I feel amazing.

And hopefully my scales are right and I have lost 4lb this week and can finally get my First Stone Certificate!!

Hugs

Shelley

Ps thanks Angela for your message of support :)

ShelleyHarris1981

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sorry Phoenix thank you for your support! Wrong name in my haste to reply x

ShelleyHarris1981

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Also forgot to add it seems to work for some type 2s too. A lady joined two weeks ago and lost 7.5lb in her first week. I, of course, was very jealous ;) also forgot to add I NEVER feel hungry light headed sick or constipated on this diet and I definately have before on other diets xx

ShelleyHarris1981

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Woohooo. 3.5lb lost this week. One stone gone xx

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
That's a great weight loss Shelly, well done!!!!!!!!!!

jamesmacc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
is this a diet were you pay for diet meals etc? or do they give you recipes etc instead? any more information you have would be great