I am taking 4 units 3 times every meal , is that ok

Sohail

Taking 3 times pls guide its novorapid !!!
Thanks

I started novorapid as soon i took it no if only 4 units i get blurr vision , confusion , brain fog , why ??? Readings normal no hypon!!! Pls help me.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Most insulins including NovoRapid have very few side effects. With normal readings and no hypo I can't suggest any reason for your symptoms. 4 units is not that high so it shouldn't be the cause. BTW do you vary the number of units based on carb counting for the meal you are about to have? This is what I do but let us know what advice you have been given by the GP/nurse first.

birchy66

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was diagnosed 6 months ago with Type 1 after having severe diabetic ketoacidosis which caused me to have blurred vision, which you mention you get. You should check with your GP as soon as possible. Maybe a set dose of 4 units Novorapid per meal is not the correct dose. I am carb counting so my dose of insulin can vary with each meal depending on what I eat and the amount of carbs in the meal.
I am sure your GP or nurse will sort it out for you.

LaughingHyena

It sounds like you are have been recently diagnosed.

Sometimes the blurred vision and other effects can happen as your body is adjusting back to a normal sugar level after being high for possible quite a while. I certainly found there were some strange feelings in the first few weeks. Definately worth mentioning to your DSN or whoever you see though just in case.

I was told to expect it to take around a month for my levels to settle.

I think in time most people vary the dose of insulin they take at each meal based on the food they are going to eat. At first though it seems common to start with a fixed dose. Do you keep a food diary? It might help in spotting any patterns of when these symptoms are happening. It's also useful for getting ready for carb counting in the future. Keep a note both of what foods and how much you are eating as well as any exercise or anything else which you think may be affecting your levels.

Still 3 years on I find it hard to spot patterns but my team at the hospital seem to be pretty good, but I do have to give them enough data to work with.