Crochet pump belt

Bronagh11

Hi everyone. I'm type 1 for 35 years and had my pump started today. I've been looking online for reasonably priced pump belts and, although I've found a few, they seem to be very expensive or very masculine.
I have been crocheting and knitting for a few years , writing patterns and designing my own stuff for almost as long, so tonight I sat down between the two hourly sugars and crocheted one.
If anyone is interested, I can write the pattern, and I'll publish it online. It's one ball of dk yarn, 2 buttons and 4-6 hrs work. So quite reasonable.
If anyone's interested, let me know !

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
Lovely idea. I use the leather cover that came with mine as I think it offers some protection too but, as you say, it is quite chunky. Any chance of a piccy? I'm thinking that a knitted one may be nice when I wear a dress and it goes into my bra. Well done you, :thumbup:

Bronagh11

Found an app that can do it :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 980

sassycat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
What a lovely idea!

I've literally just bought a new item today, from Sainsbury's of all places. In their pharmacy they have a section of travel items (plug adapters, travel masks, mosquito gadgets etc.) and one of them was a Body Wallet - 'Skin soft, breathable lingerie fabric'. Its by a company called Go Travel (Go-Travelproducts.com). It cost me £7.98, I figured it may not last very long as its only designed for money and passports, but I'm wearing it now and its vey comfy. At that price I don't mind if they don't last too long.

Hope this helps someone, I'd thought of trying to sew something, as my knitting is really not good, and I can't crochet at all - perhaps you could set up a cottage industry for pumpers???????? :)

Bronagh11

That's the most reasonably priced yet! Here's a finished one in cotton on me. I'm heading to bed in it to see how I do. It can be made to whatever waist size so can be made for kids. And embellished with ribbon, flowers, ric rac, buttons, whatever! Have you no lovely friends who could make you one?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 856

melizh

That looks good Bronagh. It looks very comfortable. I can't crochet but I know someone that might teach me. May I have a pattern please. Thanks. :thumbup:

Bronagh11

Rightio here it is!
Materials- 50g cotton dk, 1x3.75mm crochet hook, 3x1cm buttons, 1 darning needle.

Using a high cotton dk, and a 3.75mm hook, ch32.
Dc in second ch from hook and across row. Turn.
Ss into 2nd ch from hook. Ch3. 2tb in same ch. *Skip 2ch. 3 tb in next ch. repeat from * to last 2ch. Skip 1ch. 1 tb in last ch. (10 3tb groups). Turn.
Next row. Ss in 1st space after single tb. 3 ch and 2tb in this space. 3tb in next space and each space across. 1tb in top of 3ch fop from last row. Turn.
Repeat last row a further 20 times.
Next row. Ch1 dc in each stitch across.

Make pump pouch.
#Fold work in three, lengthways, keeping working yarn on the outside of work. Ch1, making sure hook goes through all three layers of work, 14dc along sides of pouch.#

Work 8 rows dc.
Measure round where you want the belt to sit on your body. Work out 7/8 of this measurement. Call this measurement "A"
Work rows of tb until work is 2 inches shorter than "A" when it is fully stretched (pull out as far as it will go, to allow for stretch when wearing).
Work 8 rows dc. Cut yarn.

On other side of pouch and starting on right side, repeat from # to #.
Work 4 rows dc. Work 1 row tb, work 4 rows dc. Cut yarn.

Using the row of tb on short side as buttonholes, place belt fully stretched around body and place buttons on long side. Sew on buttons. Weave in ends.

Wash at 30 C. Do not iron. Enjoy,

H

Hooked

Bronagh11 said:
Rightio here it is!
Materials- 50g cotton dk, 1x3.75mm crochet hook, 3x1cm buttons, 1 darning needle.

Using a high cotton dk, and a 3.75mm hook, ch32.
Dc in second ch from hook and across row. Turn.
Ss into 2nd ch from hook. Ch3. 2tb in same ch. *Skip 2ch. 3 tb in next ch. repeat from * to last 2ch. Skip 1ch. 1 tb in last ch. (10 3tb groups). Turn.
Next row. Ss in 1st space after single tb. 3 ch and 2tb in this space. 3tb in next space and each space across. 1tb in top of 3ch fop from last row. Turn.
Repeat last row a further 20 times.
Next row. Ch1 dc in each stitch across.

Make pump pouch.
#Fold work in three, lengthways, keeping working yarn on the outside of work. Ch1, making sure hook goes through all three layers of work, 14dc along sides of pouch.#

Work 8 rows dc.
Measure round where you want the belt to sit on your body. Work out 7/8 of this measurement. Call this measurement "A"
Work rows of tb until work is 2 inches shorter than "A" when it is fully stretched (pull out as far as it will go, to allow for stretch when wearing).
Work 8 rows dc. Cut yarn.

On other side of pouch and starting on right side, repeat from # to #.
Work 4 rows dc. Work 1 row tb, work 4 rows dc. Cut yarn.

Using the row of tb on short side as buttonholes, place belt fully stretched around body and place buttons on long side. Sew on buttons. Weave in ends.

Wash at 30 C. Do not iron. Enjoy,

Cool!
I crochet, but don't wear a pump. I'm guessing you are using English crochet terms, yes?

Bronagh11

Yes. Sorry. Uk site so assumed:-o
For us, substitute dc (double crochet)with sc(single crochet) and treble(tb) with (double crochet). Ch is still chain and ss is still slip stitch.

Hope that helps!

Bronagh11

For us, substitute dc (double crochet)with sc(single crochet) and treble(tb) with (double crochet). Ch is still chain and ss is still slip stitch.

Hope that helps!

H

Hooked

Bronagh11 said:

Hope that helps!

Brill, thank you. :)