Insulin pump hurting?

• Thread starter Deleted member 83869
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 83869

Hi,

I got an insulin pump Wednesday and I already changed the needle Wednesday night as it was blocked but now as insulin is going in it is starting to hurt! what does this mean?

Lucypieee

Dislikes
Diabetes
It could be that you've hit a vein or something like that, whenever you next change your set you may find that the area's bruised.
Just remember to keep rotating your sites and you'll be fine. :)

Sent from Diabetes.co.uk Forum App

D

Deleted member 83869

Okay thank you :) It was just weird because it was fine at first and now its starting to hurt now that I am due for a change today anyway!

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If this happens, I would recommend changing it immediately if hurting. Sometimes the needle is not stuck in enough and continually goes in and out, constantly stabbing. Or its hitting something it shouldn't. Either way change straight away.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Bronagh11

I agree with Brett. I had pump start on Tuesday after having it with saline for two weeks. This happened during those tie weeks, and I was told to do a set change if thus happened

D

Deleted member 83869

I changed it and went back to my nurse the next day and she put me on a 8mm instead and having no problems now :)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Are you using stainless steel needles or flexible plastic ones?

Try asking for samples of other sets..... For some reason it appears that most people at the hospitals I have attended were started off on flexible ones... You may well find that a different set would be better for you.

Personally I would not change from the stainless steel ones... 6mm..
Very rarely get any pain or leakages or blockages and never pain from insulin going in unless I have hit a blood vessel, and that is felt when puting in...

D

Deleted member 83869

I am on stainless steel ones Accu chek D link I think that's what they are called! and I don't have any problems now that I am on a 8mm the only bit I hate is taking it out haha!