thankyou :)

id also hate you not doing zumba i sit here for hours watching your avatar lol

i assume that is zumba? :)

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Huge, huge congratulations Andy! Really well done. I smiled through whole post and when you described your finishing celebration I had a lump in my throat. Tremendously proud of you champ:smile:

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Wow Andy!

I had a lump in my throat there. It was bit like reading the first draft of Rocky :wink:

Seriously, I was willing you to get to the end.

So very inspiring. Really. I feel proud of you and I don't know you!

Thanks for let us read. Can't wait for Rocky 2!

Cara

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wooooohoooo Andy!!!! I'm super proud! And very jealous :(

We started running outdoors at roughly the same time but I'm still stuck at 3 or 4K :( come to Aberdeen and motivate me?!?

Mongoose39uk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sprouts
Well done. may be worth slowing things down a bit before you get injured though.

melizh

Well done. I loved reading your post and found it so inspirational. Good luck with your future runs and keep sharing. :D

Esther1411

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done Andy, I know i don,t need to say keep it up cos you obviously feel brilliant!! I used to run a few years back proir to my gettiing diabetes (type 1) but had stopped, kept getting trouble with my knees. Started back at the gym on the treadmill a couple of months ago and am now running about 3 miles 3 times a week - i know i look in better shape than i have in about 10 years and i feel amazing!! I find running for about 20 mins brings my bg level down around by about 3 so need to eat a bit more breakfast than normal. I would love to run outside again but am a bit scared of a hypo when I'm out. Anyway as I say well done you and so nice to see the positive stuff being shared on here - you are an inspiration.
Esther x

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Hi, reached another milestone today :) 15 miles! woohoo, i went to richmond park thinking it would be flat....ummmm it wasnt but id gone all the way there, i was good for the first lap despite getting lost and having to climb a high fence to get back into the park lol, but the second lap was a real struggle to be honest, the hills didnt seem to bad the first time round but the second time round they felt like everest but just about shuffled to the 15 miles, im nervous about the marathon today because it took everything i had to get to 15, i still have 153 days 6 hours 25 minutes and 33 seconds as of now, so im hoping it will get easier, im very curious if anyone has any advice as to what to eat for energy while running, i eat a flax 9 bar 2 hours before running which is fine but i really felt like one of those gel thingies would have helped me today around 10 miles, im sure they would be way too carby, i ate about 12 cashews, i have no idea if they helped or not but i wonder if anyone knows of a better option for a low carb energy boost when the tank is dry?

Thanks for reading :)

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Hi Andy

15 miles!! :thumbup: Well flippin' done indeed! :clap: I have a friend who is a low carb distance runner and I'm more than happy to contact him and ask for some advice about suitable food items for fuelling yourself long distance for the Marathon. :wink:

Best

Paul

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
paul-1976 said:
Hi Andy

15 miles!! :thumbup: Well flippin' done indeed! :clap: I have a friend who is a low carb distance runner and I'm more than happy to contact him and ask for some advice about suitable food items for fuelling yourself long distance for the Marathon. :wink:

Best

Paul

Brilliant! cheers mate :thumbup:

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Thankyou mate :) im aching but as the pain improves with rest im starting to feel good about it :)

i promised my daughter id take her out on our bikes down the park, i couldnt let her down, omg that was tuff lol

Mongoose39uk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sprouts
How are your legs today?

Rest them, it's just as important as running them.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Mongoose39uk said:
How are your legs today?

Rest them, it's just as important as running them.

hey mate, today im doubting my sanity, im hurting everywhere from my waist downwards, fell like ive been passed through a mangle, what am i doing? im resting today, no running, pffft walking is an issue forget running, i must be doing something wrong, lol im too old :yawn:

need to watch some motivational running videos on youtube thatll sort me out :thumbup:

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sing it... "YOU ARE THE CHAAMPION, YOU ARE THE CHAAAAMPION, OF THE WOOOORLD!!!" I know you're hurting (which I am not celebrating) but well done on that run. WOW!
Goooooooooo ANDY!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App