Weight. Any ideas???

John7956

To put this bluntly, I am tall (just under 2 meters about 6 foot 6), underweight and loosing weight 0.5 stone every 5-6 months. I eat loads a typical dinner could be 200g rice (150g carbs), pie (50g carbs), veg and pudding (25 units isn't uncommon with a 1.5 quick acting to 1 CP ratio).

According to my consultant there isn't any reason in the standard bloods as to why this could be - been tested for coeliac and excess HGH production amongst others (all normal).

Does anyone out there know of any other possible reasons I'm loosing weight? I've been told to try eating more but just can't,

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Kallyloo

I'm sorry you're not doing well, and I hope they find the cause soon. As for adding calories, I understand you cannot eat more but perhaps it would be possile for you to add more healthy fats to your diet (oil or butter to veg, full fat milk etc). If you don't like the thought of that then take a spoonful of Olive oil, Hemp oil, or any oils that suit you before a meal, and just think of it like medicine perhaps.