Type 1's from Leicester

moom1973

Dislikes
Being unhappy
Hi All, new to the Forum and finding it very informative, recently completed a DAFNE course which was brilliant! I did find that it was fantastic to chat with other type 1's in the group so i'm just putting up a shout to anyone who's type 1 in the Leicester area who'd maybe like to have a chat and maybe a meet up now and again? After spending the last 20 odd years without knowing anyone else who has Type 1 Diabetes it's nice to share a few experiences etc :)

PM if you'd prefare....

Many Thanks,

Steve

MrsDMiles

Just saying hi.. My little boy is three and was diagnosed in February.. We are in Markfield! And know no none.. Give it a few years and he can go for a pint with you!! X

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

moom1973

Dislikes
Being unhappy
Hello!

Thanks for replying, bless ya hope you and your little lad is getting on well. All I can say is the care and support is much, much better now to get your littleun on the right tracks, must be tough though I remember my mum struggling a bit and I was 17 when I was diagnosed!!
Your more than welcome to get in touch anytime if you wanted a chat, like I mentioned in my post it helps so much talking to others who are going through the same everyday problems you sometimes face, hope your getting all the support you need, all the team at the Leicester Royal are fantastic xx

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't live in Leicester now, (used to live in Glenfield) but was diagnosed Type 1 there in 1985. Despite the diagnosis, I have fond memories of the Leicester Royal and the kindness of the staff there. When you feel so ill, that's what matters!

I hope the local variety of T1s get in touch!

moom1973

Dislikes
Being unhappy
Thank you :)

Nobodys been in touch yet so im beginning to think im the only one with type 1 in Leicester!!

Steve

D

Deleted member 45091

Aup steve quick hi iam from DERBY hope ya keeping alrite been diabetic 23 years 33 now giz a bell anytime if ya wana chat bout owt

warden01

I did wonder if there were any other T1's around Leicester. From the way the hospital goes on, they're clearly much more familiar with T2's. Back on topic though, I'm another T1 from the Leicester area. Been diagnosed for about 18 months

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Down the road from you.. Type 1 almost 30 years.. A14 j13....