Should I buy a second hand e-cig?

Ethan123

Hello guys,

As I have heard, e-cigarettes CAN really cut down your smoking habits so I plan to get one. Are these e-cigs durable? How long do they last? Cause my officemate is selling his used [commercial link removed] for 5 months to me. RFS- he already quit smoking because of the e-cig. He's selling ito to me 50% off from the original price. Thinking if I should buy it or just get a brand new one. You think its a good deal?

Thanks a bunch!

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
I'm sure second hand would be fine. You can disinfect ? Not sure how much they cost though. Ideally, I'd like a new one but 2nd hand better than nothing.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whelks,winkles... All crustaceous seafood except prawns. Can't do crab.lobster or scallops.
Don't like the way they are killed and cooked. Save our Scallops. SOS !!!
Also HATE evaporated milk.
OOhh... My favourite topic.

I have been a vaper for 2 1/2 years after being diagnosed with Emphasyma in 2011.

I started on a starter kit (not a cig a like) and haven't had a rollie since Jan 2011.

Here is my favourite forum. All about E Cigs.

http://allaboute-cigarettes.proboards.com/

If you register you can view the classifieds. Usually pay with Paypal.

Buying 2nd hand is the best and cheapest way to find out what is best for you.
Tip. The smaller the E Cig the smaller the battery and they don't last long.
I would suggest an Ego starter kit. They have larger batteries and last up to 4-6 hours.

Here is my favourite Facebook page.

Footnote. There are a LOT of E Cig starter kits which are a total rip off. Don't get caught out. Join a forum and have a look around and follow a few links to various E cig sites. I can give you a few which I use who do discounts,sell good stuff and don't rip you off....

https://www.facebook.com/groups/vapersu ... ment_reply

There is also a classifieds section on there too.

Here is a You Tube channel run by a guy called Scott Bonner. He reviews just about every E Cig that comes out and there are now a LOT of E Cigs out there. His views are always unbiased and if an E Cig has the slightest problem he tells you.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6HLBmd3bwKWmVjq_JEuSuA

I used to smoke Golden Virginia and didn't want to give up smoking. I tried patches,gum and Champix then I stumbled across E Cigs. Luckily I bought a pretty good one. If you buy a small one you get cheesed of forever charging them.
Plus if you buy a good one to start with you are far more likely to carry on. Some folk end of giving up smoking with them. Some ( like me ) just carry on as it is (probably) safer than smoking traditional tobacco. Nicotine is not harmful. It is as harmful as caffeine.
It's the 4,000 chemicals in tobacco that cause so many problems.
I can't believe I smoked for 37 years as they taste AWFUL.

Now I vape on Orange (my favourite) Raspberry,Lemon,Lime,Blackcurrant, Blackberry,,,,
I like fruity vapes. You can also buy Tobacco flavours and there are literally hundreds of flavours to choose from.
I mix my own as it is a lot cheaper.

Always ask questions on the forums. No question is too small. We were all there once and the E Cig world can be a little daunting first time you dip your toes.
They are a very friendly bunch on AAEC and they are very generous too. One guy lost all his kit as he had a boxful of stuff. Left it in a taxi. Everyone rallied and sent him devices,batteries,juices....

You could do worse than join AAEC. introduce yourself in the Introductions section and you will very soon be an expert !!

PM me f you want to know anything.

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whelks,winkles... All crustaceous seafood except prawns. Can't do crab.lobster or scallops.
Actually I just looked at the link you provided in your first post and the chances are that after 5 months the batteries will not last you that long.

Please PM me. I will point you towards a much better one.

The batteries do run out quite quick on those cig a likes. Average lifespan of those small batteries is about 6 months.

If it was me I would spend my money on a new one.....

Jee99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
food(not so obvious) butter beans, liver, custard puddings, running machines, badly written books, badly controlled dogs, doctors
Go for it. 2 ladies in the office have the thing that looks like a pen. They use the mint stuff though. But they have reduced their intake in just 2 weeks. One is down to 10 a week from 20 a day and the other hasn't smoked for the last three days. They seem to be well worth the money. Good luck whichever way you go - new or used I mean :oops:

A

Anonymous

Jee99 said:
Go for it. 2 ladies in the office have the thing that looks like a pen. They use the mint stuff though. But they have reduced their intake in just 2 weeks. One is down to 10 a week from 20 a day and the other hasn't smoked for the last three days. They seem to be well worth the money. Good luck whichever way you go - new or used I mean :oops:

Better than picking dog-ends out of the gutter! :roll:

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
gezzathorpe said:
Jee99 said:

That takes me back... Not talking dog ends out of the gutter but concocting my own 'Gutter Blend' as I called it.

I used to live in the country ( in a nice council flat) and the nearest shop or pub was a far walk away so when myself and my partner used to run out of bacca we used to take our old rollies to bits and salvage the best bits.
I even had a large Tupperware box especially for smoked dog ends.

Makes me shudder.... No wonder my lungs are shot.

A

Anonymous

zolabud said:
gezzathorpe said:
Jee99 said:

That takes me back... Not talking dog ends out of the gutter but concocting my own 'Gutter Blend' as I called it.

I used to live in the country ( in a nice council flat) and the nearest shop or pub was a far walk away so when myself and my partner used to run out of bacca we used to take our old rollies to bits and salvage the best bits.
I even had a large Tupperware box especially for smoked dog ends.

Makes me shudder.... No wonder my lungs are shot.

Us smokers have all been there! :D

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I stayed with my son for the weekend a few years back and me wanting to be helpful I emptied all the very full ashtrays.

He was gutted......

A

Anonymous

zolabud said:
I stayed with my son for the weekend a few years back and me wanting to be helpful I emptied all the very full ashtrays.

He was gutted......

Ha! :lol: Make sure you never leave him next to the drinks cupboard then. He may seek revenge. :twisted:

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
http://www.safercigs.co.uk/

This is one of the very few 'bricks and mortar' shops rather than being an online vendor.

Run by a guy called Daz who I met when I went to Tamworth in 2011. We went to The Moat House which is a large very old hotel in the centre of Tamworth.

1st 'Vapefest' was held at a pub in Tamworth... 50 folks attended. This was in 2010.

The next year it was held at The Moat House.100 were expected and 350 turned up. This was the year I went.

The next one was also held at The Moat House and 500 were expected and 1,300 turned up.

The organisers are now looking for a new venue as The Moat House can't cope with the numbers....

01258 880357 is Daz's phone number should you wish to ring him and he will talk you through the latest good gear.

He is one of the good guys and no question is ever too small as we have all been there at some point.

I have saved over £7,500 since I gave up almost 3 years ago and I am now a 'Vaper' and proud.

If anyone wants any info PM me.

[mod]This post was reported in as advertising, but as it pertains to the thread, I've left it in place. Could be quite helpful for people who are looking to quit smoking[/mod]

LittleWolf

I am a regular cannabis smoker.

Used to smoke 10 cigarettes a day, now smoke 1 joint before bed, a few more on special occasions.

I've never noticed a BG rise after a joint, wasn't testing when I used to smoke cigarettes but I have just participated in a study at my university using an e-cigarette.

I had to take 10 puffs of 3 seconds each. My BG went from 5.6 to 7.9 without eating/drinking. I wonder if it's the nicotine just as much as the actual smoke. They offered to let me keep the e-cig but don't think I will. It made me feel anxious and dizzy.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
i have been smoking these since the last stoptober so just over a year i also tried everything else with no success but e-cigs are amazing i never looked back

i definatly wouldnt buy socond hand, i have found the batteries degrade terribly, best to buy new imho

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
i smoke ecigs before and since dx so never tested before but i suck on it all day long and bg often in the 3's so i reckon not :)

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Skycigs and cloudcig. I personally wouldn't touch them as they are small batteries.

Vape Escape. Yes. I have met the guy who runs it and he is one of the good guys.

Safercigs is good, So is Liberty Flights,E Cig Wizard and Personal Vapour. If you go onto any of their contact pages and just give them a ring they will talk you through what to purchase. Everyone was an E Cig newbie once.

I recently bought an MVP 2 from Personal Vapour. Cost me £40 odd. It is a box mod (which I have always been partial to) and if you use WG10 at the checkout you get 10% off. The MVP is made by Innokin and Peter at Personal Vapour sells the real deal. Innokin mods are very popular and there are lots of copies floating around which are identical on the outside but the batteries are often sub standard.
The MVP is brilliant as it last 3 days on one charge. It has an internal battery which means you don't have to keep charging batteries in a charger.
You also get 2 'clearomisers' in the box which you put your chosen E liquid in.
Everything you need for £40. Bargain. And the mod is bombproof.
I won't put a link up as I will get reported again for advertising but if you Google Personal Vapour you will find the site.

PM me if you want to know anything.

I am not linked with any of the vendors I have mentioned. Vapers are a helpful bunch who will usually help if they can convert anyone from the evil weed.....

ironfist

zolabud said:
Skycigs and cloudcig. I personally wouldn't touch them as they are small batteries.

Vape Escape. Yes. I have met the guy who runs it and he is one of the good guys.

Safercigs is good, So is Liberty Flights,E Cig Wizard and Personal Vapour. If you go onto any of their contact pages and just give them a ring they will talk you through what to purchase. Everyone was an E Cig newbie once.

I recently bought an MVP 2 from Personal Vapour. Cost me £40 odd. It is a box mod (which I have always been partial to) and if you use WG10 at the checkout you get 10% off. The MVP is made by Innokin and Peter at Personal Vapour sells the real deal. Innokin mods are very popular and there are lots of copies floating around which are identical on the outside but the batteries are often sub standard.
The MVP is brilliant as it last 3 days on one charge. It has an internal battery which means you don't have to keep charging batteries in a charger.
You also get 2 'clearomisers' in the box which you put your chosen E liquid in.
Everything you need for £40. Bargain. And the mod is bombproof.
I won't put a link up as I will get reported again for advertising but if you Google Personal Vapour you will find the site.

PM me if you want to know anything.

I am not linked with any of the vendors I have mentioned. Vapers are a helpful bunch who will usually help if they can convert anyone from the evil weed.....

Thanks dude, massive help! I just ordered from vapeescape just basic kit for now with some menthol! Il let you know how I get on :)

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Here is Scott Bonners website where all the codes for getting discounts are displayed.

http://www.e-cig-reviews.com/

(Discounts are on the right hand side)

Scott Bonner reviews most of the E Cigs that come on the market and his views are always unbiased.

Discounts can be 5%...10%...15%...20%.....

It is always worth checking the discount code. Usually it is ECR69.

Check also about the postage. Some vendors do free postage if you spend say £20.

What did you order Ironfist?

Jason at Vape Escape sells some good E Cigs. He doesn't sell any rubbish as he has a reputation to think of. Reputation means a lot in the E Cig world as bad news travels fast....

Tale a look at the forum on E Cig Reviews. That site is a mine of information for veterans and newbies alike..... Forum link is on the left hand side.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.