found the answer to blood in urine

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Hi

Andy and Paul, (good to see you back) hope you both get better soon. I am going to side with Mongoose. Much as I would love to read another Rocky style review of your running challenges, give it a miss this week!

Cara

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Thanks Cara! :)

Look forward to reading your blog Andy! :thumbup:

Netty70

James it's similar to childbirth pain wise but not as bad so nerrrrr lol
Andy listen to your wife don't do the run rest and get ready for real pain the urologist told my husband it's like passing a razor blade down ya Winkie when it comes out ouch!!!!!!
Plus if yours are too big you have to have them blasted by something put up your Winkie double ouch!!!!!!
Also if the pain gets real bad they gave my Steve suppositories hahaha best laugh I had for ages and they didn't get rid of the pain
Good luck chuck

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
Hi Andy,
You'll be pleased you finally managed to discover the root of the problem, but no doubt you'll be apprehensive regarding the forth coming pain that has been mentioned.
I had a kidney stone and the pain was bad for sure, it lasted all morning, however as soon my doc gave me a pain killer via injection I was able to go back to work an hour later.

I was very fortunate in that the stone eventually came away of it's own accord and I never felt a thing. I just spotted what looked like a lump of brown sugar. Amazingly, after experiencing so much pain, I never felt a thing as it came away.

Though I didn't need it, I was told the hospital usually blast these stones into tiny fragments which allows them to pass naturally without pain.
I truly hope the same applies to you and all goes well for you and that any pain you do feel is as minimal as possible.

All the very best to you.

I'll be thinking of you.

willie.

Mongoose39uk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sprouts
OK, a long time ago as a student nurse I worked on a Genito Urinary ward........

Big blokes used to come in rolling around in so much agony they would be throwing up..(just remembered another good reason not to go back to nursing). All down to stones on the move, often so small when we sieved there pee you wouldn't find it. Though the tests would show it gone.

Pain killers were very effective though so once they knew what it was and the painkillers were gone it was more often than not lots of fluids and wait for nature to shift it.

K

Kat100

Those stones in bladder kidney can be soooo painful I understand, hope you get scanned and treated soon.
Tc Kat

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Kat100 said:
Those stones in bladder kidney can be soooo painful I understand, hope you get scanned and treated soon.
Tc Kat

Thanks Kat, i had a CT scan i have no idea if they will do more

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Blimey :shock: - you 'must' have been in severe pain Andy .

Thanks for letting us all know about it all . [the answer to things]

Hope you are soon starting to feel better after treatment needed for this .
It certainly cant be pleasant or nice for you.

Please do keep us all updated too with your treatment and progress .

Anna .

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Mongoose39uk said:
OK, a long time ago as a student nurse I worked on a Genito Urinary ward........

Big blokes used to come in rolling around in so much agony they would be throwing up..(just remembered another good reason not to go back to nursing). All down to stones on the move, often so small when we sieved there pee you wouldn't find it. Though the tests would show it gone.

Pain killers were very effective though so once they knew what it was and the painkillers were gone it was more often than not lots of fluids and wait for nature to shift it.

Thanks Mongoose

when the building industry died a death in 91 i spent a couple of years working in theaters at queen marys roehampton as a criculating nurse (untrained dogs body if it sounds cool it aint lol) all the times i watched the tube going places it shouldnt go and the blokes faces is all coming flooding back, i hope to god this dosent happen but after looking it up it seems the bladder stones dont normally pass and im not sure where the tract ones are but a tract sounds like a tube of some kind so im hoping they do there thing :) its a kind of weird feeling not knowing when i could be in pain like that again, i can almost hear ticking

Mongoose39uk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sprouts
I did try avoiding mentioning the tube ....

Sent from my GT-I9300 using DCUK Forum mobile app

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
hehe it was a nice hospital, its all changed now, they built houses on alot of it, ive only driven past :)

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
im from battersea so not so far away :) i was 16 in 86 *sigh* the naughty years lol

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
Daft question perhaps.....
Has anyone heard of ladies suffering from kidney stones?
It always appears to be us men who mention them. I've
never noticed or heard any lady mention they've suffered
from them.

I intended to ask the question in my post this afternoon...
"Is kidney stone pain worse or equal to birth pains"

The replies, if any, would've answered the question for me. :D

willie (I included a smilie above, but it's a genuine question) :thumbup: