Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
well done all, thankyou netty, out of interest does anyone have any problems related to losing a lot of weight? I ask because I cannot sit comfortable any more, or do sit ups or generally move without pain in my tailbone even sitting on a sofa hurts which I assume is because its not covered with fat anymore, just wondered :)

sparkyrich

Andy12345 said:
well done all, thankyou netty, out of interest does anyone have any problems related to losing a lot of weight? I ask because I cannot sit comfortable any more, or do sit ups or generally move without pain in my tailbone even sitting on a sofa hurts which I assume is because its not covered with fat anymore, just wondered :)

Probably more to do with your lifestyle choice as revealed on another thread, Andy lol.

Seriously, I remember being a skinny minny and everything used to hurt cos of the lack of padding. These days it's like being wrapped in memory foam:)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

aceofthebase

I am 67, male, hypertensive and type 2. Both for many years. Sugar levels approaching the insulin injection stage.
action comenced 4 months ago
cut out ALL med to high sugar content products.
Commenced running started with a very slow 100 yds. Last week I ran a 10 k race and came 224 out of 1200.
Last hb test 48%. I have lost a stone and now at the weight I was at 21

25% exercise___75%good diet

Netty70

Morganator said:
Netty70 said:
Well done everyone on the weight loss I'm trying not to lose any might slip down a grid :-(

I know how you feel, I make myself eat and still keep shrinking :(

When I got diagnosed type2 I was an ok weight but I think the shock of it I lost about 10 lb trying to put it back on :)
WSent from my HTC Desire C using DCUK Forum mobile app

Frosty66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Snow
About 1/2 a stone in 2months. Slow but steady. I do feel better and still have a long way to go. But its a learning curve. Knowing what food suit me and dont spike my BG.

taffy2names

I have lost 2 and half stone, my GP refused to give me medication to lose weight and suggested SLIMMING WORLD as it was the nearest weight loss club, I am half way there and the support is brilliant. I recommend their method to anyone needing or wanting to lose weight diabetic or not, NO FOOD is OFF LIMITS. :thumbup:

Reactions: 2 people

ShelleyHarris1981

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Racism,ignorance,nastiness,selfishness
1 stone in 5 weeks on Rosemary Conley plus the 25 min a day exercise they advise.

Feel fab!

Im type 1 and since having my little boy 9 months ago have felt fat and drab,not my normal self at all.

I am finally feeling good about myself again!

Reactions: 2 people

mummy78

Re: R: How much weight have YOU lost?

I've just gone on a diet and I already feel so much better. My second-born is nearly 1 now and I really need to get back in shape. For no other but me :)

It's hard but I feel much better already :) it's definitely worth it :)
PS. I'm using a nice "diet diary". It's a free "app" called " My fitness pal ". So nice and useful!

~ Arianna ~

Zachary

Hi Admin,
I have lost 37 lbs with regular exercises and nutritive diet meal plans in last 5 months. I have added fresh vegetables and fruits more in my diet meal, increase my water intake with regular exercises to meet my fitness goal. Losing weight made me active, healthy and reduce the risk of many major health problems.

Last edited by a moderator:

shayanjameel

I lost 7kg over last Summer. [64kg down to 57kg]
I cut bread out of my diet because when its hot in summer i just really didnt feel like filling up so much.

N

NicolaB70

At my last review at the end of September, I had lost 7kg since being diagnosed in June. I haven't weighed myself since then but i know i have lost more as i've gone down a dress size and that size is now starting to feel loose. I saw a neighbour yesterday who i've not seen in a while and the first thing she said was how much weight i've lost, that was certainly a big confidence boost :D

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
Lost weight? I am LADA BGs all over the place from 5.8 to 23.4.
Been on Humalog mix25 since 29 October and have cut carbs right down to less than 140 per day. All meals are listed itemising carbs, cals, protein etc.
I am gaining weight - 4kg so far. Collar is the same size, trousers are the Same Size. Just so depressing to be honest, so depressing this whole thing.

K

Kat100

3 stones in the last year.....
Diet, smaller potions, lower carbs, not low carb....for me.
Exercise, walking....
Metformin
Nearly back to my normal weight, since diagnosed, the sugar was making me so unwell, it was a relief to find out the cause.....all my clothes are so big now....shopping in the sales.....well done to us all

Janiept

Expert
crazycat said:
Hi, I'm new here and this is my first post. I am sad to say that I am 32, 23 stone and injecting insulin for my type 2 diabetes.

But, I started weight watchers last week, the online version, and I lost 5 pounds in my first week. I think things may be looking up!

Having half your current body weight to lose is a daunting prospect, though. Any helpful tips on how to be successful?

I lost half my body weight 30 years ago (10 stone) and have kept it off since.
My mantra became 'which do I want more, this food or to lose weight'?
It worked for me but I wouldn't say it was easy because I was often VERY hungry but I wanted to lose the weight more.
Good luck.

smartlady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I was 97 kgs & now 74 kgs (15 stone 3lbs to 11 stone 9)
HB was 13.6 now 5.8
Bought a new top yesterday in a 12!!! So much more choice then when I was a size 22!!!

Reactions: Judlepip