Type 1: What are your HbA1c test results?

russo109

Diagnosed end of April as T1.5. HbA1levels have gone from 114 (12.6%) when first diagnosed to 77 (9.2%) end of May to 52 (7%) last week :D On Novamix 30 twice daily

Tron2112

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Yeah! Started at 67 in January, 44 in April and 40 in August. I'm amazed.

Averages can be misleading though... in the past few weeks I've registered spikes up to 9 or 12 if I've been really stupid. (Pizza)

charon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine was 42 = 6%.
I don't think I had one when I was diagnosed but fasting glucose was 20.9.

Satisfied with the result but expected it to be lower.
Had a week on a residential study course where my diet was less controlled and that could have ben the cause but from testing I didn't think it was too bad.

Means I can't relax much.
Appointment with diabetic nurse in a few weeks. Assume I can stay diet controlled.

charon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine was 42 = 6%.
I don't think I had one when I was diagnosed but fasting glucose was 20.9.

Satisfied with the result but expected it to be lower.
Had a week on a residential study course where my diet was less controlled and that could have ben the cause but from testing I didn't think it was too bad.

Means I can't relax much.
Appointment with diabetic nurse in a few weeks. Assume I can stay diet controlled.

carlos37

just been summoned to the doctors and told my latest is 51 was told it needs to be below 47 and she looked baffled as to why I had been told to go up me personally very happy with that as to what it was before insulin 117 don't want to loose hypo awareness

mch1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was told my first test after being diagnosed was 54 but don't know what the is as a %

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
According to the chart I have got 54 is 7.1%.

mch1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
many thanks, would you know what is the target level that i should try for thx

pshawfocus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine is typically around 6.5. I've been on Mixtard insulin for the last 27 years, twice per day. 5'11 / 165lbs / male - keep fit by cycling, avoiding carbs and I rarely drink alcohol. Everything in moderation :D

sandysan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
diagnosed august hba1c was 6.7 due back novemeber , think im managing a bit better now and relaxing a bit , majority of time my bg is 5.25.5 goes up slightly to in the 6s and 2 hours after food comes back down again in 5s ,, so I think that's pretty good , I did want it lower , but the diabetic nurse said I have to be careful of hypos and they like it around 7 ??? hmmmm I thought that was still a bit high but 5.5 suits me

zztopbanana

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Animal cruelty, liars, cheats, thieves, discourtesy, egotism,
I had an outpatient appointment 2 weeks after discharge and my HbA1c was 134 - I presume this was my first ever.

My last one was in June and that was 75.

My next one is the end of this month, and hopefully, that will be lower.

onchy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Im 37 mmol/mol or 5.5% and grazer you are correct, the normal way to measure it now is in mmol/mol

JRW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
41 in new money. I don't know the old money as only diagnosed in January. I was told this is too low, and that I may have trouble detecting hypos.