Cupcake Recipes

neels

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi,

Any one have any diabetic eggless cake/cupcake recipes?

Would love to try it out.....

Thanks!

opacity

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Consumerism, waste, modern self-obsession with appearance, animal cruelty, pollution. Lies and liars.
Yum! I've been denying myself any sweet treats ever since diagnosis 6 months ago, but this recipe is going to be a regular! Have to go shopping to get all those different ingredients first thing tomorrow. Thanks, from the bottom of my tummy!

Kerry-Michelle

I make cupcakes all the time! :) they don't spike my blood sugars and my family and in laws absolutely love them, they didn't even realise that they had Sweetener sugar and that they are gluten free :) so now I am always assigned with making the cakes I even make gluten free and sweetener scones anything and everything :) I love baking!! :)

Kerry :) xx

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

cath99

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
rude d/n nurses and being treated like im wierd because im diabetic
im looking for a biscuit recipie . if anyone has one id be grateful craving a lovey cruncy biscuit suger free tho lol

WhitbyJet

cath99 said:
im looking for a biscuit recipie . if anyone has one id be grateful craving a lovey cruncy biscuit suger free tho lol

Peanut butter cookies - makes around 12

Ingredients
• 1 c of smooth peanut butter (if the oil has separated in the jar, stir it all back in again before using the peanut butter)
• 1 egg
• 3/4 to 1 c of sugar substitute (to taste)
• 1 tspn of vanilla

Directions

Get a medium mixing bowl and mix everything together. Place spoonfuls of the dough onto a cookie sheet or baking paper. Top with an almond, macadamia or walnut if desired. Heat your oven to 180C and cook about 12-17 minutes. Remove from baking paper once slightly cooled.

Note: These freeze well too.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chocolate Orange Biscuits
This recipe is using orange peel to add flavour, so no need to worry about fruit sugar spiking your bg levels. Try to use organic oranges to avoid pesticides, if you cant do that then make sure you wash the orange really well.

200 g ground almonds

1 handful of chopped almonds or pistachio nuts (pistachios add a bit more colour)

zest of two oranges (make sure you dont grate any pith, or it will be bitter)

sweetener equivalent to 50 to 100 g sugar

2 tablespoons psllium husks

2 teaspoons baking powder

1 vanilla pod or use vanilla extract or essence

2 eggs

1 bar of high cocoa content chocolate (Lidl's is good for that)
___________________________________________________________________________________

Mix all the dry ingredients, knead in the eggs. The dough will be sticky, but firm.

Shape the dough into the size of chubby fingers, then flatten slightly, place onto on a lined baking sheeet.

Bake for approx. 20 minutes at 175C. Take them out of the oven and cut the 'fingers' diagonically across as per photo. Place the biscuits back into the oven, leave the door ajar and the temperature at 75C to dry out the biscuits, this takes a good hour or even two.

Remove biscuits from the oven, leave them overnight in the kitchen, uncovered.

Next day, melt chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Dip one end of the biscuits in chocolate. Let the chocolate harden, then place biscuits in a sealed container, store in a cool and dry place.
These are lovely with a cup of coffee or glass of wine.

http://lchf-bloggen.blogspot.com/2010/1 ... trekk.html