Results

Lillierose

Hi. I'm pre diabetic my glucose test results where 10 today, just curious to know what other pre-diabetics glucose test are.

beetle

Dislikes
sitting inside on my bum
HI
I dont know what I am yet-i mean prediabetic or diabetic.I have my tests next week.
My resutls vary a bit depending on activity and stress levels. My 2 hour post meal result was 10.3 too. Sometimes it stays high a long time sometimes it goes down alright. Do yours are 10 while fasting or after meals? I find the whole situation very unnerving since it comes with all sorts of symptoms and I am not functioning.
I hope you feel better and got some guidance from your doc :)
Beetle

Lillierose

Hi. Are you having the glucose test? I was 10 and 9. last year.
I have taken BT two hours after eating and it's been as high as twelve so it's all over the place like yours, but I'm still pre diabetic by all accounts. I don't know how these doctors work it out. My friend was 7on her glucose test and she was told she is diabetic.
Let us know what your results were.

LittleWolf

Yes. At least mother now believes me when I explained to her about T2 being genetic. Her sister has been T2 since her late 20s along with all grandparents, most other aunts/uncles and my two cousins have just been diagnosed with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome as well at the age of 12. At least there's a possibility it's not LADA. I can't do needles.

Back to the thread

My grandma says her high is 10 x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am not quite clear here. When you say glucose test do you mean an oral glucose tolerance test or do you mean a fasting glucose test? Did you have to drink a sweet drink and sit about for two hours?

LittleWolf

Lillirose I think your friend was talking about a *fasting* blood sugar reading. Still doctors are useless as my fasting was over that..

If you had your blood sugar checked at the start, then after the glucose drink that is the OGTT/glucose tolerance test. It has many variations but the most common is checking after 2 hours. If it is 11 or under, it's fine.

LittleWolf

Lillirose I think your friend was talking about a *fasting* blood sugar reading. Still doctors are useless as my fasting was over that..

If you had your blood sugar checked at the start, then after the glucose drink that is the OGTT/glucose tolerance test. It has many variations but the most common is checking after 2 hours. If it is 11 or under, it's fine.