Flu Jab

punto53

Had mine Wednesday just gone I just had a little swelling the following day and really warm to touch but feel fine all gone now glad I had it done. :) :)

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Had my flu jab yesterday along with a pneumonia vaccination ! Never had that one before. Feel like I've been punched in the arm !

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

milliejane

Ive only ever had mine the once. Since they added the swine flu vaccine in with it I have refused to have it as i read that it can bring on mental health problems such as dementia.

L

Luna21

I've had a flu vaccine for the last 4 years, and I've had a pneumonia one a few years ago, and neither caused me any bother other than a slightly sore arm.

They aren't live vaccines, as I'm not allowed to have any live vaccines due to taking immunosuppressant drugs, so I believe what the doc tells me that I shouldn't feel ill with them, just a slight temperature and sore muscles at worst, and so far, so good.

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
A few people mentioning flu and pneumonia jab. Only every advised to have the flu one. No mention of a pneumonia one?
Should I mention to my dsn?

SewK8

Hi
I had mine yesterday and have been in bed feeling generally unwell all day. Arm aches a bit but just feel really unwell. Hope it clears by tomorrow though!

iainf1

The pneumo jab is a one-off and if you haven't had it, it is worthwhile having it done, as pneumonia is very bad news for diabetics. The injection is similar to a flu jab but some people do find their arm aches a little bit for a day or so afterwards. Don't let that put you off - you really do not want to get pneumonia.