Chocolate prices could increase.

C

catherinecherub

I love chocolate and eat a good quality one in moderation.
This article suggests that we may be paying more very soon. I do buy chocolate for other family members, especially at Christmas,but will be cutting back if it gets to a ridiculous price.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24607261

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
I heard there is a shortage of cocoa bean as well. There was a TV programme stating that the majority of cocoa farmers are quite elderly and there are very few youngsters taking up the crop ! Nightmare lol !

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
lol strikes me as funny that we are complaining about the price of chocolate on a diabetes forum, dont get me wrong i like a bit of chocolate, its just seems funny :)

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
It's a good job I don't eat the stuff anymore! lol I'm saving my piggy bank for Center parcs instead-fresh forest air and tranquility plus quad biking and off road 4X4 driving experiences plus a cracking chill out spa. :thumbup:

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
paul-1976 said:
It's a good job I don't eat the stuff anymore! lol I'm saving my piggy bank for Center parcs instead-fresh forest air and tranquility plus quad biking and off road 4X4 driving experiences plus a cracking chill out spa. :thumbup:

sounds great, then boring, then great again, then boring again :) nice mixture although id definatly be leaning towards the boring for my holidays :)

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Andy12345 said:
paul-1976 said:

sounds great, then boring, then great again, then boring again :) nice mixture although id definatly be leaning towards the boring for my holidays :)

The Spa keeps the missus sweet whilst I do the adrenaline blokey stuff! :D

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
we were threatening centre parcs next year because apparently you can take dogs, no need now, looks terrific though, maybe one day ill have to try it :) do they have internet wifi because you could take my kids on a space ship and youd have trouble getting them to look up from there phones and game thingies to look at saturn

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
ps paul ruined your chocolate thread not me i was just going with it lol, sorry

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
A shame for chocolate lovers everywhere, rarely eat it now (Aldi's Moser Roth) but tbh......what isn't going up in price? The utility companies are robbing us blind :evil:

mummy78

Re: R: Chocolate prices could increase.

I'm on a very strict diet and I'm diabetic 1 (indeed! A diabetic here! :mrgreen: ) so this news is just great. I hope chocolate will reach something like 100 euro/100 grammes so no more temptations :evil:

~ Arianna ~

slimgirl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Loved chocs since diagnosed type2 in june, I was very good and cut it out.now if I have a tiny bit it doesnt taste like it used to.dont enjoy it anymore.well thats 1 hurdle jumped lol.

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
I love chocolate and I'll never be able to give it up, if the price does go up I'd still pay!