Itchy hands.

PlymouthDave

Over the last few days, my hands have started itching quite severely. It is not the usual tingling in the fingers that I feel when I am going low, but all over the hands and it feels like all of the nerve endings are tingling. I wonder if it is a circulation problem. Any ideas please.

PlymouthDave

I would like to thank everyone for their replies....NOT.

Perhaps if I told a stupid joke or started a boring word game, I would get more response.

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm sure if someone had something to tell you they would have.

Plus the sheet volume of posts means occasionally one gets missed

flash477948

Hale is right, if someone knew something then they would say. I'm sure you wouldn't have wanted pages of I don't knows.

But as also mentioned perhaps it just got missed. So it's been bumped a couple of times so let's see what happens.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Morganator

Possibly a silly question but have you handled anything recently that you don't normally touch. I used to get very itchy hands and eventually linked it to the nights I cashed up, it turned out I was allergic to the nickle in the coins, once I started wearing gloves it disappeared.

Sent from my HTC Desire C using DCUK Forum mobile app

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry never had itchy hands so can only suggest contacting GP or nurse at your surgery if you are worried about it .Sorry you feel you have been neglected but some times if we havnt had the problem or know nothing about it we just leave it to someone hopefully more knowledgable
CAROL

rachy0121

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
being diabetic!!
i used to get extremely itchy feet once i got out the bath, no matter how much i scratched them the itch just wouldnt budge. very odd

NigelM

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have never had itchy hands as a result of a hypo. Sometimes handling photocopy paper causes it. I use E45 soap or cream and it goes away.

NigelM

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have never had itchy hands as a result of a hypo. Sometimes handling photocopy paper causes it. I use E45 soap or cream and it goes away.

mentat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Remember that type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune condition, which means your risk of other autoimmune conditions like psoriasis (itchy, flaky skin) is increased.

WhitbyJet

PlymouthDave said:
I would like to thank everyone for their replies....NOT.

Perhaps if I told a stupid joke or started a boring word game, I would get more response.

So sorry,, I have only just seen your post. I had very similar symptoms to those that you describe, my hands were itching like crazy. I thought it must be some kind of allergy, so changed toiletries and used Lanacane cream, it had no effect, the itching came from the inside not from the skin.
My GP arranged for some blood tests, there are a few conditions that can cause itchy hands/feet, these include thyroid disorders, neuropathy, anaemia, liver or kidney disorders or allergies.
Best ask your doctor to run some tests, I hope you solve the problem soon

All the best

benjygirl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
disrespectful people
Hi just
Seen your post. I occasionally get very itchy hands. It's usually at the base of my thumbs. It usually goes away as quickly as it comes and I've no idea what causes it. I sometimes get the same itch around my ankles mostly at night. I can go for weeks without it, have it for a few days then it's gone again !!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Kim.masters

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have just registered. I suffer with this a lot. I have woken at 6.50 am this morning with a very itchy hand which has been driving me crazy. It has only just started to calm down. I actually woke up on the low side this morning and wonder if this could trigger the itching off. Trouble is I have Lymphedema in my hand and lower arm so when it gets really bad I am fighting itching it. I have used anti itching cream this morning so this may have helped. I do feel your pain and hope you can find something that works for you. Take care.