After your hypo ...

Spirit of Eden

Ok, so you've had a mild or medium hypo and treated it. How do you feel and for how long ?

I used to cope with them quite well but these days I get an awful headache and feel awful for quite a while afterwards. Even when the headache goes, my eyesight is fuzzy and I feel very fragile and tired even the next day.

Any tips on lessening the effects would be appreciated

Cheers, Paul

pav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Re: How do you feel after a Hypo.. and for how long

I might be lucky, as my BS rise back into the normal range the effects of the hypo disappear and I feel ok. If I was going to drive after having a hypo I would wait a good while to ensure I was ok to drive and retest before driving.

Donkeymad

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Luckily for more minor hypos I am back to normal soon after taking remedial action. If I do have a bad hypo, I feel cold for hours afterwards.

michelejane

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
reality/celebrity tv, sport
i think it depends a lot on how soon you catch it as well as what time of the day or night. I go for juice first as liquid seems to be more effective. The weird ones are when I still feel like I'm 'sinking' yet my blood test shows 6 or 8 but I feel I must eat or drink more. Odd. Does anyone else experience those? :? :?

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
think it depends a lot on how soon you catch it as well as what time of the day or night. I go for juice first as liquid seems to be more effective. The weird ones are when I still feel like I'm 'sinking' yet my blood test shows 6 or 8 but I feel I must eat or drink more. Odd. Does anyone else experience those? :? :?michelejane

I used to have it before starting low carb. I think it happens when you are heading to hypo. If 2 hours after meal I was 6 (which was too low for me I always aimed for about 8 ) then I could have had hypo symptoms. If i didnt treat it, an hour later I would have gone very low

moom1973

Dislikes
Being unhappy
If I catch my hypo early im usually fine afterwards but if my blood sugar go's too low I feel completely washed out afterwards with a banging headache..

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
moom1973 said:
If I catch my hypo early im usually fine afterwards but if my blood sugar go's too low I feel completely washed out afterwards with a banging headache..

Mirrors most people's experiences, the lower you go the longer it takes to recover!

Donkeymad

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
After a minor low I am very quickly back to normal, but if I should get a more serious low, I tend to get very very cold.

Cupcaake32

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Dubstep made in chelsea
Ohh the dreaded hypo hangover a few hiurs feeling groggy then my bloods sky rocket so i feel eben worse

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App