I'm giving up..

slimgirl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone, im type2 diagnosed in june.im diet only at the mo but seem to be depressed and frustrated at the diagnosis.i feel like a naughty kid if I have anything sweet.blood sugar level up one day fown the next!

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Natural reaction for a lot of newly diagnosed to be honest. However, it's your long term health and if you give up, everyone else will too unfortunately. Have you got a meter to test your levels ? You only need tomake small changes to make decent progress. It's not the end of the world, just the start of a new you ! Good luck and remember, what you feel is natural !

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

moom1973

Dislikes
Being unhappy
Hi ALL,

I've gave up on many occasions but whatever you do or don't do the Diabetes will still be there, only just starting to accept it now after 23 years of being type 1 and had some really ****** days/weeks/months and years at times but im still here and regardless of how **** I've been as a diabetic since diagnosed theres always something that will get you going again, its just for me its took 23 years to realise that and that is your not alone in what your going through....None of my friends or family are diabetic so I've continued in life trying to be just like them and be normal without a murmur from me of what life can sometimes be like with a lifelong illness and worrying of outcomes that may or may not be. I've had many, many dark times and i'm **** sure I will again but keep smiling and take all the help and advice you can, this forum has been brilliant for me ad I've learnt so much from it and as well as that the DAFNE course I recently went on has given me a chance to chat to others that are going through the same strifes that life in general throws at us all....

Keep smiling and I wish you all well x