Horrible smell

tinyroman

Recently I noticed a nasty smell coming, as I thought, from the bathroom. Then it was in the bedroom too, and try as I might, I couldn't find the source.
This week, to my utter horror and total embarrassment I've found that the smell is coming from me. When I'm not wearing a bra sweat from beneath my bosoms smells sickly sweet acidy, and pretty strong.
I looked on some medical websites and the general opinion was that it was caused either by uncontrolled diabetes ( mine's fine ), or using protein as an energy source instead of carbs. At the mo I'm on a low-fat, low-calorie diet, nothing drastic and my weight's coming off nicely (21lbs in 4 months), so I can't see it being that either. I also get some terrible night sweats too; two nights ago I seriously thought my hot water had leaked, it was so bad.
Has anyone got any information on this pungent perspiration please?

cocacola

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
celery, not eating chocolate
Do you have any redness underneath your breast. This is an area where you can develop thrush, due to sweating. Creams are available over the counter for thrush.
Have a google and see if you can find similar symptoms.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
My first thoughts were hypo during sleep causing night sweats and liver making up the glucose before getting very low. Do you have a carby snack before going to bed?
My other thought was have you changed insulin or dosage recently?

There are many varibles it might be better if you saw your GP about this.

Netty70

Got to your docs about the rash I've had it and was just a fungal infection well mine was
As for the night sweats which I suffer badly with I also think it's me having a high in the night
Good luck Hun hope you get sorted

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi tinyroman .

Are you approaching a perimenapause possibly ?
I went through mine early [in my mid 30's]

Woke up wet through and got the excessive nightly sweats .
[looked like I had just stepped out of the shower - hair was dripping wet ]

No rash or smell with me - just the horrible night sweats :oops:

Worth a vist to your GP's to discuss this with him/her .
Even if it would just help to put your mind at rest .

Anna .

tinyroman

Hi Hobs, Netty and Anna. Thanks for the replies. I've not actually got a rash - it doesn't even go red, just really sweaty. I'm way past menopause, (boo, hiss! )having had a hysterectomy in my mid 30s, and I'm 60 now, so although most of the evil in the world is due to menopause, my sweating isn't.
I'm due an appointment soon with the consultant, so will ask her to check it out. I think you're all right, in that I'd better see someone about it. If it had turned out that it was pretty common after many years of having diabetes, I'd not bother, but I will. Thanks, all!

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
tinyroman .

Please let us all know how things go at your appt with the consultant .

Even if it is something or nothing [hopefully nothing for your sake :) ]

You could even be a very warm and cosy lady who just sweats really well :lolno:

Anna .