Race for life type run for Diabetics?

Esther1411

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Everyone,

I have been wondering if anyone knows of any fun runs organised in support of the diabetes community. It would be great to meet up and chat with other people with simular issues (you only have to look how many peeps are on hear to know how badly we need each other!) whilst at the same time raising awareness, funds and our fitness levels. I am based just outside of Brighton and would love to hear from anyone who knows of any such events or even if anyone else would be interested in such a thing.

Esther

Lucypieee

Dislikes
Diabetes
JDRF do their Walk to Cure Diabetes every year at various locations. I believe there are 10km runs as well, all the information is on their website. Www.jdrf.org.uk

Sent from Diabetes.co.uk Forum App

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
nice idea, i feel excluded from that charity by the type 1 thing lol im only a lowly t2 shame on me hehe

Esther1411

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you Lucypiee,

Have checekd out your link and am looking at the Jigsaw Run in Cranleigh in December. Can't decide 3k or 10K mmmm.... 3k would be quite easy and quite a long way to drive for fairly short run but haven't run 10k since before diagnosis might have a hypo bit scary??

Great website, great charity will definately get involved. I had never heard of World Diabetes Day before and it just so happens it falls on my birthday - bit rude not to join in me thinks! Am really surprised the "onsie day" thing is not bigger in Brighton, would have thought that'd be right up our street!!! I'm gonna be in Dubai on that date this year but am gonna be thinking about what we (in the Brighton Area) could be doing for next year. Ideas anyone?? Interest anyone??

Andy12345,

Thanks for reading, not sure the t1/t2 thing should get in the way. We all have Diabetes and its a pain in the butt for all of us, but i get where you,re coming from.

See your gonna run the London Marathon 2014 - well done you. You started training yet? I get loads of marathon runners training over my way (you can always tell who they are ) never know whether to give a toot in support or not? always want to, have great respect for you guys. Keep up the good work.

Hope everyone's having a good day.
Esther x