Looking for a friend

LisaMcintyre

Type of diabetes
Type 1
My name is Lisa im 21 and I'm a type 1 diabetic and have been for 8 years. Everyday is a constant uphill battle. Had problems with my feet eyes you name it. I'm looking for a penal for someone who is also a t1 so I can discuss things about diabetes that I cannot discuss with anyone else

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hiya,
My name is Zoila
I'm sorry to hear about your battle with diabetes. I'm also type one diabetic and have been for 4 years. So I don't think I would know as much about the disease as much as you. But it'll be awesome to discuss things about diabetes and maybe learn a few things I may not know. :)

nmr1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sup i'm also T1 and 21 years old (will be 22 in a couple of months), i've only had my diabetes for about 2 years and 4 months, so I haven't experienced those moments where I feel really depressed and out of control like you have yet. As I see on the news and such, there are always some science programs to look out for in regards to growing organs from your own cells.

However I have a few mental illnesses like anxiety, depression and sensory integration disorder. I had these my whole life, and makes it difficult with my diabetes, but I get along with it, acceptance is nothing new to me so it's all good.

dmcx3x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi i am 21 one type 1 diabetic for 12 years i will speak to you if you need to speak to someone dont know one person with diabetes mine came out of the blue its hard at times xx

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
LisaMcintyre said:
My name is Lisa im 21 and I'm a type 1 diabetic and have been for 8 years. Everyday is a constant uphill battle. Had problems with my feet eyes you name it. I'm looking for a penal for someone who is also a t1 so I can discuss things about diabetes that I cannot discuss with anyone else

Hi Lisa

I'm an older than you, female and have had type 1 for 24 years, so been through a few diabetic up's and downs.

I do understand the uphill struggles, as I'm sure a lot of others do as well.

Take care, all the best

RRB

novowolf

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I'm 19 and been diabetic (type 1) for 5years i get what you mean when you say it's a constant uphill struggle i myself recently almost had a bit of a breakdown (but all is well now) hopefully going on the pump soon so that should be better haha are you an injector or a pumper?

rachy0121

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
being diabetic!!
hey :) im 22 and very newly diagnosed, only feb of this year.
wouldnt mind a chat with people of my age who know more about this disease
it makes me feel so ill at times even though i try my best to eat the right things.
ive stopped smoking and rarely drink now.
just want to hear about other peoples experiences and how they deal with it
:)xx

kimkennedy1989

Hi Lisa, I've been T1 for 5 years. I'm 24 and took diabetes due to an infection I took that then caused my body to attack itself. I don't have and family or friends who are diabetic and I would love to have someone to chat to about it :)

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
rachy0121 said:
hey :) im 22 and very newly diagnosed, only feb of this year.
wouldnt mind a chat with people of my age who know more about this disease
it makes me feel so ill at times even though i try my best to eat the right things.
ive stopped smoking and rarely drink now.
just want to hear about other peoples experiences and how they deal with it
:)xx

I've just turned 24 and was diagnosed in February also!

mariposa84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi all,

I'm 28 and have had Type 1 for nine years. Don't know anyone my own age with Type 1 so would be great to talk to someone of similar age about everyday ups and downs.