Pump and clock change

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just curious, what other pumpers do when the clocks change. Can't remember what I did last time. do you simply change the time on pump, have you found or think its better to change it morning,noon, or night, our even night before.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

michelejane

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
reality/celebrity tv, sport
Hi Brett,
thanks for the reminder! yes, I scroll down to the time on both my pump and handset. I do this when the clocks go back and forward, and when I go abroad. It doesn't take long,
Michele :)

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks michele, what time do you change yours. Do you change it at 2am to read 1am when the clocks actually change, our just in the morning, ta :)

pumppimp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Brett,
I change mine before I go to bed my basal rate is the same then, I found it easiest to change it during a time where my basal rates were the most similar. If I did it in the morning it would send me a wee bit off for the rest of the day. I always check a bit more on a change over day just in case but I've not had any problems doing it like this. It all depends on what your basal is like if there are bit changes in the evening and through the night maybe it's better to leave it to the morning or afternoon. I quite like that it's on a Saturday/Sunday as I don't have to worry about being in a rush to be anywhere and then checking the basal's ok still.
Laura

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks laura
Good suggestion to change when baal rares are similar. Mine are the same between 1~3 am so think I will change the time tonight before bed. Hopefully won't be any issues. Thanks :)