Anyone feel low when they're bloods are actually fine?

rachy0121

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
being diabetic!!
Just got into bed and felt the arms and legs go weak. Tested and I was 7.8
Sometimes I feel I'm having a hypo coming on and I'm actually fine
Anyone else get this?

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Can be a very common thing, often people feel like this, thinking they are hypo, have some sugar and end up sky high. Often, if your sugar levels are quite high, and start to come to normal levels it will give you what you experienced known as a (false hypo) done the right thing :) always test if poss to see if actually hypo, or just one of them feelings. If odd symptoms do persist and you have normal levels, seek medical advice.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

rachy0121

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
being diabetic!!
See this is another thing that confuses me I often get this feeling of a hypo and I'm fine. This is just one of the things that I'm so confused about!

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Over time your body will adjust to the lower levels, may take time. Imagine how high you were before using insulin. Your body would of got used to the higher levels, and needs time to adjust back. Also, you may get that feeling if dropping or dropped very quickly. Eventually, once your levels are stable between 5~8 (you will get there) your body will start feeling "funny" when 4.5 or less, which is often known as hypo awareness, handy as under 4 is classed as hypo.

nicolan6534

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I find this happens when I get my levels back under control if they've been running high. I also find it happens if my levels drop quickly - for example today they dropped from 7.5 to 4.3 in an hour ..grrrrrr

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
Some of the symptoms of anxiety are similar to that of low blood sugars. Sometimes when I think I'm low I get anxious and that heightens the symptoms, when in fact I'm in the normal range.

tizzy

Yes I was going to ask about the same thing so levimir at bedtime got up bg7 going out for breakfast bg 11 at about 1130 ish only had milky coffee all morning got to cafe like being hit by sledge hammer shaking head awfull can't describe it but very frightening experience assumed hypo as had nothing to eat bg12.7 had food and novo felt better but washed out all day left wondering what on earth happened any ideas

rachy0121

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
being diabetic!!
Glad it's not just me then! When I am counting carbs, do I calculate from carbohydrates or carbohydrates of which sugars? I'm so confused ?

tizzy

Carbs I think maybe wrong though got the book carb and cals and app and think like a pancreas book but still in the dark the diabetic dietician was very helpfull though but if a little late she gave me a few solutions such as 1/2 the dose before the meal and the rest later the nurse at the drs lead me to think Novos action was instant and not 15 or so minuets to work si I inject set a timer and wait nervously to explode or something I am a bit of a neurotic though I don't seem to be able to take it in my stride at all I hope to go on the course soon and maybe learn how to cope better in my defence though I have had very little help from drs etc as I've said before mainly this forum has most helped

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
Carbs is total carbs always - ignore the figure 'of which sugars' in relation to the carb counting. Obviously something. With a greater sugar content may cause a spike in blood sugars,
I also get that false hypo felling when I'm in the 7 to 8 range mostly. Very annoying.

rachy0121

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
being diabetic!!
thankyou! ive been counting "of which sugars"!!
yeah it usually happens to me around that sort of count too
now ive heaard of a pump but can u tell me more about it?

michelejane

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
reality/celebrity tv, sport
I'm glad I'm not the only one. It happens to me sometimes and although my blood shows 7 or 8 I can feel like it's dropping. Hard to stop yourself reaching for food though isn't it :problem:

sw11bloke

when I used to run high....10 and over, my body got used to that so when I dropped to 6 or 7, i felt hypo.
I am now on a pump and am running between 6 and 8. I dropped to 2.9 and 3 a few times and felt normal. I think it also goes on how fast your blood sugars drop.
My hypo symptoms seem to have lessened or changed recently. Sometimes I test and im 3.5 and I feel 100% normal.

id like to know at what levels do people start feeling hypo symptoms - especially those who run between 6 and 8?

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Start getting symptoms usually when I test am anything from 3.5~4.5. thats with usually being 5~8 through the day. main symptom is hunger, although I can get the same symptom when my basal or quick acting is out causing a rise in my sugars due to not having enough circulating insulin to feed my body.

sw11bloke

brett.... u on a pump? how does your basal run out? do you mean when you getting too little basal at a certain period?

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes on a pump lol. When I say basal or qa out, meant not programmed correct, causing a lack of insulin pumped in.

head323

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
smoking
yes I get this all the time the reason is because your sugar levels are high duting the day and when they drop to 7.8 ort what ever your body telling u. ure low but ure not low it just cause ure sugar levels are normally high .
I asked this in clinic and they tell me this so please dnt be smart and tell me its wrong ok

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm constantly hungry, so that's no indicator for me.

The other things that I find can give me similar symptoms to a hypo are a good hit of caffiene, a good hit of exercise and a coupel of beers (not necessarily in that order)

The other thing is that I've mistaken readings of 10 or so for a hypo before.

When i get down to about 4.2 I'm definitely getting symptoms on my experience so far.

prancer53

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Professionals who know little about diabetes who generalise!!
Blood testing is retrospective that is the result shown is not necessarily your blood glucose reading at that particular moment but (depending on how quickly your blood sugar is falling of course) what it was 15 minutes or more before you tested. Likewise after something sweet has been eaten result can show as low up to an hour later. Therefore if in any doubt, particularly when driving, eat something sweet!!