Best tip I heard today

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
I'm still having my sugar free jellies too-Barcode or not! lol :thumbup: plus I've got a cracking lamb leg joint for tommorow which has a barcode on the packaging but I figured...Why the hell not! lol :D

C

catherinecherub

Lillierose said:
If a food has a barcode on it DONT EAT IT.

That doesn't leave much to eat then.
Meat, fish, cheese, eggs, veggies and fruit all have barcodes. Even the single lemons in my fridge has a barcode.
I suppose if you shopped in a farm shop or market then there would be no barcodes but supermarkets, where most of us shop, have barcodes on items.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Lillierose said:
If a food has a barcode on it DONT EAT IT.

They wouldn't be much left to eat.......or drink :( Just about everything now has a barcode!

czj

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Pretty good start though. I think this might be a simplification of 3 of Michael Pollan's food rules

- Don't eat anything your great grandmother wouldn't recognise as food
- Don't eat anything with more than 5 ingredients or ingredients you can't pronounce
- Don't eat anything that wont eventually rot.

Lillierose

That tip was from a low carb diet website. I expect they mean fresh food shops like green groceries and butchers, all fresh food. I'm sure everyone knows not to eat fish and chips etc.
It was a US website.

Mongoose39uk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sprouts
Why would you not eat fish and chips? Ok you wouldn't eat it all the time but as an occasional treat it really shouldn't be a problem. Then I don't do low carb. I like food

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

K

Kat100

It's a few chips now and the for me... :) yummmmmmmm

But I have just started the new livlife bread...so a happy balance....I hope.....

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
i cant have fish and chips :( shame i always loved the chips with battered sausage (dont do fish) but then i do low carb therefore dont like food lol

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Fish and chips, not that fussed on tbh, though I don't low carb either. So, I don't low carb but still eat healthily (i think), so do I like food or not :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

K

Kat100

Sometimes when I see people starving on the tv news...I know that I have food.....doesn't help though ( not all the time) :)

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Only problem i have with starving folks on the telly is why do they have 28 children? i of course feel terrible that kids are suffering but if i dont have enough food im not going to have a zillion kids and make the problem worse, i sound like a ratbag saying this i know, i just dont get it

K

Kat100

Are toooooo much of a big subject.....:/

I have a veggie meal in the oven right now.....
Having a cosy night, with the clocks going back etc...

True though understand your point....it is always the children that are shown on the tv news.....I just can't watch x

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Andy12345 said:
Only problem i have with starving folks on the telly is why do they have 28 children? i of course feel terrible that kids are suffering but if i dont have enough food im not going to have a zillion kids and make the problem worse, i sound like a ratbag saying this i know, i just dont get it

Well one of answer is contraception Andy......or lack of it! Also in poor countries they tend to have large families as the children can die before they reach adulthood, also with no welfare state the parents rely on their children to look after them into their old age.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
so "please send me money because im bored and cant stop bonking the missus?" lol