bad bad mood.

viktoria

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Laying in bed cos I've just stomped upstairs after ripping hubbys head off. No reason except my bm at 27. Now feel really guilty but my exhaustion and stubbornness will keep me here till morning. Diabetes has cost me yet another evening with my family. Feel one day it will cost me my family. How much more can i expect them to take. Blubber blubber. X

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Bm at 27! Thats reason enough. Used to have these blow ups, causing great upset to family, usually on weekends when my levels would get higher as it was a different routine from working mon~fri. Like you, felt guilty afterwards but was too stubborn to talk things through properly.
Couple of points though, have you tested for ketones and have you had a correction dose? easy to think to hell with things and not bother looking after yourself. Please do as you will not be helping yourself or your family. Once you've sorted out a correction dose, tested for ketones, take 5, have a couple of deep breaths, and talk things through with your family. am sure they will understand. By talking things through maybe you could both try and work out what caused you to be so high as to try and avoid it next time. Take care.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

jeves

Do you know why your bm is 27? I'm sure if you spoke to your husband he would understand, but you really need to get this bm down when did you last put some quick acting insulin in?

Sent from my KFTT using DCUK Forum mobile app

N

NicolaB70

Know how you feel, I'm the same at the moment but biting my tongue so hard to try not to cause another argument but slowly failing! ;((

kimkennedy1989

Oh no, that's such a shame! I'm sure when you tell your hubby your bm is at 27, he'll fully understand why you're acting out of character!

As the others have said, get some quick acting insulin to bring that reading down to a safer level and test for ketones also.

Are you feeling unwell?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

viktoria

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Wish i had found you all years ago! Thank you. Down to 17 and only min ketones. Have nit talked it through yet as i am too tearful. Think am just run down, yet more boils and spots (just a query, has anyone ever had a boil in their big toe, mad) visit to Drs last week not come back with anything yet. Work has been very stressful past 2 weeks. Thank you all for the moral support, will try keep it together. XxX

jeves

Glad your feeling better I wouldn't put any more insulin yet see what your bm is in the morning take care

Keith300-01

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Strong wind
I get lumps and bumps on my back and head more so when I've been high for a few days they itch at times as well but if I leave them they go away hope your feet are okay , sometimes we need to push at the doc's to get something that works , yes I know how you feel when you shout I don't do it a lot and its just silly things that snap me but everyone sulks for days when I do just wish they could understand how I feel most days , take care only you can change your self and take control people will support you if your seen to make a change ;) , keith.

Starting on the slow road to looking after my self doing small steps so I can feel the benefits before moving on ;) x