Insanity work out!

Kerry-Michelle

Awesome! And well done for doing so well! I will be getting the insanity package soon and when I do I will go for it.. The other half is going to do it with me so we both have motivation to do it every day ahaha..

Many thanks again!

Keep up the good work! Everything is possible! :)

Kerry xx

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

pbakajb115

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Re: Insanity work out!

Oh my word!!
My son encouraged me to do it 2 months ago and couldn't believe the improvement in my breathing (no longer suffering from shortness of breath when climbing the stairs or walking up a steep grade) in the first week. It is insane and I kept muttering to myself "what on earth is a nearly 60 year old woman doing with a work regime like this?" But I kept going and could see the improvements. Then got over zealous three weeks ago and re-injured my back. :cry: But I'll be back!!!
Anyone who hasn't tried it truly should give it a go and well done Kerry :clap: you keep it up and keep that silent killer, diabetes away.

MarkBejnamin

Hi

I've just finished it, in full. I'm glad it's over! Can't recommend it enough although the second month is very hard. :crazy:

I disagree about it being expensive, a personal trainer session outside of London is £35 for an hour and a gym session is £5-£10 so I think I paid £80 (pre-owned but "as new" from Amazon) and have definitely got value. Most important thing is that it can be done anywhere. I travel a lot for work and this always played havoc with exercise routines and I have to exercise daily to manage my blood sugar levels. I can do this at home in the morning or evening and if I am away from home. It actually makes staying in a hotel less monotonous.

I lost a stone and four inches off my waist!

It is hard though, if you want a more gentle start then the trainer in the video, Shaun T, has a new DVD out called T25 which I have just started as a "warm down" from Insanity while I consider doing Insanity all over again.

One word against Insanity tho, month 2 is quite high impact and can cause knee pain, a lot of people do modifiers and I'm happy to take questions on that. Interesting to see they actually built modifiers into T25.

Good luck anyone who takes it on, I absolutely loved (and hated!) it.

MB

onthegow

Mb

Cheers for the update. I have been looking at what's to come and it fills me with excitement and fear but I'm going to crack on.
Nice easy session today cardio recovery.

Just about to start and sugars at 17!! Not sure why but feel I'm fighting a bug. So ill do my session then balance my sugars.

One thing it's given me insanity is energy. Not so much in the mornings but lots through the day.

Post of outcome to follow.

Faith*

Dislikes
Arrogant/unhelpful people. Spiders/bugs basically anything with 6-8 legs. Creeps me out.
Hate mud unless I'm camping oddly

Hi guys and girls,
well done everyone getting involved in Insanity. Myself and the husband did it together a year ago and it is the most amazing thing ever. He survived the full 2 months, sadly I lasted about 5 weeks, but I kept up with the gym running and doing weights.

Exercise is definitely the key for us diabetics. I must admit I have seriously let myself go this last 2 months putting on a whole stone in weight eek. At my highest peak I got down to 7st 5lbs (height 4"10) so I now weigh 8st 5lbs, a lot of people say I look a lot healthier for it but it's sad cause all my gorgeous skinny clothes don't fit.

Our gym at DW have just started a new class called 'Metafit' anyone heard of it? It is pretty much like Insanity but 30 minute classes. I absolutely love it and have found it easier to stick with being in a class. If anyone has a class near them I would recommend having a look into it, failing that Insanity is still the best.

Thanks all for sharing your experiences I'm feeling motivated to get back in to training mode and ditch my late night binges (oops!! :shock: )

Good luck :thumbup:

onthegow

Hi all

Just completed cardio recovery meant to be an easy day but my god I'm not that good at stretching.

Sugars have come down so that's a plus.

Recovery now ready for tomorrow.

Keep up the good work everyone.

onthegow

19 th session. OMG.
It's getting harder but I have a theory. I'm working harder. Sugars up for 3 rd day must be fighting illness or I need to start injecting as working harder.
Feeling weak today must be doing something wrong.
Too tired to post anymore catch you all tomorrow.

onthegow

Just done day 22. Forum has been offline so not been able to post.
Feeling good doing whole session non stop but my its hard. Body more defined.
Feeling tired from the intensity but worth it. Mentally feeling tired but think im working harder each session. Love it.

onthegow

Insanity month two is killing me I'm absolutely shattered.
Sugars are good though.
Still loving it need to eat more and drink more water but can't get it in fast enough.
Developed a chemical smell when working out. Checked key tones and they are good so I guess it's the insulin coming out.
Can't believe the change in my appearance clothes are tight due to increase in muscle.
Catch you all soon.