Tofu Recipe?

meoman

Someone got me some Tofu.. not had before... want to try see if I can do it like that Indian paneer as cubes spiced up with lovely curry spices etc.. Anyone got a recipe?.. could also be then a snack or used on salads...

K

Kat100

The paneer one works well with tomatoes, curry spices or powder and some fresh coriander......add a bit of garlic and ginger to.......x

meoman

want to cook the tofu a bit like paneer (which I have seen but not made) so I get really spicy dry cubes I could use on salads etc... or as a snack... just dry fry with some spices and oil then leave to marinate afterwards?

B

badcat

Best way I've found to get dry / crispy cubes of tofu is to wrap the block of tofu in kitchen paper and weight it down first to draw out as much water as poss
I do this then cube and shallow fry the tofu to make crispy tofu which is great with salad and a chilli dipping sauce

K

Kat100

You can buy solid fried tofu in chinease shops, which would work really well with what you are aiming to cook I like the soft silky tofu best.....but with a sauce....you could make the sauce small quantity to cook the tofu with. I never fry tofu, unless it's added to a small amount of oil with other things like onions and spices it cooks it's self and makes a lot .......

B

badcat

meoman said:
so you dont even add spices?.. just dry fry?
Yes - if you use a small amount of oil and keep turning the tofu it goes really crispy and you can then add a dipping sauce - it's one of the ways the Japanese cook tofu ( my sil was Japanese)