Haloween Pumpkin

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Nothing to do with diabetes but I thought I could post my haloween pumpkin. I gave out many haribo jellies tonight without having even one. Well done to myself :clap: (it used to be my favorite treat before diagnosis).
I also discovered pumpkin is quite low in carbs so decided to explore some pumpkin recipes. Pumpkin soup sounds nice

Attachments

• pumpkin 1.jpg
    pumpkin 1.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 724

Daff

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Brussel sprouts and aubergines...
Superb specimen! [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
ewelina said:
Pumpkin soup sounds nice

Pumpkin soup is lovely, as is roast pumpkin.
Lidl are doing some "seasonal squash" that look like little tiny pumpkins. I chopped one up last night and put it into a chicken stew. It was a lot like potato in taste and texture, but didn't spike my blood sugar.

Shzz46

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who try to tell me what to do
Here's our pumpkin not one child knocked on our door

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1383476707.981898.jpg
    ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1383476707.981898.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 573

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
ewelina said:
I also discovered pumpkin is quite low in carbs so decided to explore some pumpkin recipes. Pumpkin soup sounds nice

Yep, love pumpkin. Shame supermarkets have none for sale on 1/11/13 (Tons on previous night :cry: )
I like my pumpkin soup a bit spicy: Roasted pumpkin, Chicken stock, leek/spring onion, fresh chillies, lemon grass, & coconut :D :D :D

hornplayer

Shzz, really good pumpkin! Well done!

Didn't get many this year, just two groups of the neighbours kids. Went for chocolate coated dried fruit and toffee apples, then got rid of the left overs when some private pupils came to the house next day. Less temptation that way!

Will be checking out the pumpkin recipes, thank you. I love squash but I've always found pumpkin a bit bland. Will try again. :)