Any advice would be great thanks.

sheil19

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi just looking for a bit of advice on the following. Dinner yesterday BG was 6.7 and 3 hours later it was 5.7 then before bed checked and I rose to 9.3. I had nothing to eat since my dinner and bed. Didn't correct my 9.3 and when I woke I was 6.9. Anybody have any clues in what's happening? Thanks

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
What did you have for dinner? If it was high fat or protein or low GI it possible your sugar went up a bit later.

Pepsi Max

Personally before I got my pump I would have been happy with those readings. Did you have something high in Saturated fat like a steak? This can take longer to digest causing a spike in BS much later...

Diabetic warrior since 2005!

Pepsi Max

PS one thing I've learned over the years is no matter how strict, by the book or routined you are every once in a while your BS will just do what they want to, regardless of what "the book" says... It's a constant calculation

QuirkyBit

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Pepsi Max said:
Personally before I got my pump I would have been happy with those readings. Did you have something high in Saturated fat like a steak? This can take longer to digest causing a spike in BS much later...

I'd love readings like that at the moment. Hopefully a pump will help.

AndyS

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I seem similar behaviour with some foods. Typically pasta that is slightly under done and loaded with cheese or a pizza.
The fix I found was to just tweak the recipes a bit to try and adjust the Gi a bit which seems to have helped a bit.

One thing I have noticed is that the test 2 hours after eating can be a bit of a lottery and so I tend to ignore it these days and just work on the next test before meal.
Bed time test I tend to treat more as an indicator if I need to have a snack or correct, the corrections tend to be a bit on the conservative side so that I don't have a night time hypo. I find that after a night hypo I tend to bounce and be quite high in the morning.

A