What suits you for breakfast?

Marrocco

Just for info, I'm type 2 and on Metformin, Glibenclamide, Losartan Pottassium, and Gabapentin (yeeeeesh...)

My preferred breakfast is muesli (specifically M&S 4-grain with a splash of full fat milk), a glas of orange juice, and a capuccino from my own espresso machine- very middle class I grant you, but it seems to work and my sugar levels do seem to stay about right for the start of the working day on this routine.

So: what do you like/ prefer/ use?

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
hehe everything you have is a total no no for me :)

Fage natural full fat greek yogurt with different berries and crushed almonds topped off with some ground flax yummmm

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
And me, I'd be zonked on the sofa with that lot. I have an egg with bacon, or Greek yogurt.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Here are my favourite breafasts;]
- colorful sandwich: slice of rye bread, lettuce leaf, slice of turkey/chicken ham, lots of tomato slices, lots of cucumber slices. You can have slices of yellow pepper and halves of radish on the side and crunch them while eating sandwich
- my favourite cottage cheese: cup if cottage cheese, chopped radishes (about 5), chopped spring onions greens, pinch of salt, freshly ground pepper. Mix all the ingredients
- tuna salad: tin of tuna, boiled egg (boiled just for 4-5min), chopped tomato (from a tin), freshly ground pepper. Mix all the ingredients
- tin of sardines in tomato sauces, slice of rye bread. You can eat sardines just like this or make a sandwich: rye bread, lettuce leaf, sardines, slices of pepper.
- porridge: oats, natural yoghurt, chopped apple, maple syrup, cinnamon
- another porridge: oats, natural yoghurt, berries
- omelette: eggs whites, chopped turkey/chicken ham, chopped red pepper, spoon of corn, spoon of peas, chopped spring onion, pinch of salt, freshly ground pepper

snowballnc700

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
3 eggs scrambled with grated Cheddar cheese mixed in and a knob of butter, a Dr Kark emmental and pumpkin seed crispbread to go with it, 2hours later BG =6.2 and I feel full.

paulieg223

Type of diabetes
Type 2
2 Weetabix, semi skilled milk and blueberries....yum, yum and I think it's pretty healthy too. The day seems to go downhill from there.... :(

Paul_c

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
cheese omelette with various fillings; fried sliced baby plum tomatoes, fried mushrooms, spring onions, diced sweet peppers

rounded off with a nice shot of cold brewed coffee...

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
At the moment I'm enjoying porridge made with semi skimmed milk, but I'll also eat coco pops, shreddies, weetabix and corn flakes.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Bacon, sausage, and mushrooms.
Lots of coffee with cream.

Antoni2

colorful sandwich: slice of rye bread, lettuce leaf, slice of turkey/chicken ham, lots of tomato slices, lots of cucumber slices. You can have slices of yellow pepper and halves of radish on the side and crunch them while eating sandwich,,,,

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Breakfast is a hard one for me. After years of eating cereal and berries I have decided to go low carb.Tried bacon and eggs , they keep BS down but I feel sick. Weetabix & sugar free alpen make my BS shoot up . Still trying different things but Im sure Ill find something.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

snowballnc700

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sarah69 said:
At the moment I'm enjoying porridge made with semi skimmed milk, but I'll also eat coco pops, shreddies, weetabix and corn flakes.
How do you manage your BG levels with those cereals they would spike me especially the coco pops which I used to love.

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Jamrox said:
Breakfast is a hard one for me. After years of eating cereal and berries I have decided to go low carb.Tried bacon and eggs , they keep BS down but I feel sick. Weetabix & sugar free alpen make my BS shoot up . Still trying different things but Im sure Ill find something.

I'm in exactly the same place. I always ate cereal or toast, or yoghurt with fruit. Now I don't seem to be able to eat any of them. I like the idea of eggs and bacon, but I never fancy them first thing!
Breakfast is my biggest problem of every single day.

alohanicky2009

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Fish , bad manners,
T1 so mixed berries with natural yoghurt a slice of toast for a treat , love porridge but porridge sends the BS into orbit

hels

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I usually have omelette or scrambled egg with a small slice of toast. Sometimes I have porridge - I can't manage much oats so I bulk it out with ground almonds, flax seed and sunflower seeds.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
I never have much time for breakfast in the week, so currently I heat up 2 herta frankfurtas in the microwave, I find 40 seconds is enough otherwise they explode. I might also nibble some cheese. In the summer I would have full fat greek yog with a few berries. At the weekend I tend to go with scrambled eggs, with cheese or maybe some bacon.