Question for ladies with pump!!

Bingaboo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello

I am due to have my Animas Vibe pump fitted from 25th Nov and am very excited about this. I have had a push button session where I wore it with saline for a few days and the only thing I cant get used to is wearing it at night. I am a really restless sleeper so don't feel comfortable just throwing it in bed with me so I tried putting it in my pyjama pocket but it would work its way out. I was wondering what you all do at night? Was thinking about getting a catchless bra and putting it in that? Any suggestions gratefully recieved :)

pumppimp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
hello,
I usually clip it to the front of my pants, this is wear it usually stays most of the time. I usually find the clip on the pump quite sturdy with staying on things. If I wear jammies or a nightie then it gets clipped on the front somewhere comfy. If I don't want to wear anything at all then I let it roam free. I took me about 2 years where I had the confidence to do that though, but now it's just a bit of me, I automatically just grab it when I get up out of bed and it's not clipped to anything. I've had over 7 years attached to it you have to forget about it several hundred times before it becomes automatic to pick it up half a sleep. Some people like to tuck it under the pillow, or clip it onto a bit of tubi grip on their arm or leg. I have a soft belt with some Velcro on that goes around my waste that is meant for sleeping at night. I would say just experiment and find what ever feels right for you. It takes a bit of getting used to having something attached to you 24/7 but I don't even notice now I treat it as a part of me like my foot or something.

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
Got used to keeping it in the case with the clip attached to my pjs. I don't lie on my front so it's been fine, :thumbup:

Dougal

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If you buy babies mittens and use a safety pin, you can safely attach your pump to any clothing. Strangely enough babies mittens are the right size and cheap to buy!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Bingaboo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
That's all really handy especially the babies mittens idea Dougal, I have plenty singles ones lying around!!

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I must be really lucky then as the last two nights I have just put it in bed with me and been fine! Its amazaballs :D

ciaramoh

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I asked for a longer tube and they have helped a lot because I can move around more!

If not if you go on diabetes uk or just have a look online you can get this strap that goes around your leg and has a holder for your pump. I used that when I first got my pump :)