Novarapid / Hypo query

alexadob

Hello, i am diabetic with type 1 for 28 years now and from my experience its impossible to live with just the Lantus. As you probably know thats just long and slow acting insulin to keep the sugar levels normal as much as possible but with no quick acting insulin thats mean no food for the poor man. How is it possible nurses and doctors to keep your father with sugar levels 20+??? It's amazingly stupid and dangerous. If it was me there i will seek advise from another hospital or another diabetic team. Please be aware of high sugar levels as you probably know its killing him slowly. Low sugar or the hypo is even more dangerous but they cant keep him only on Lantus. Take care. Hope you can understand what i was trying to say. I do appologise if my english is here and there incorrect. X

dave howard

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Feeling great and getting Inexplicable high and low blood sugar readings !
I have had type 1 diabetes for over 25 years and I also have hypo` symptoms when my blood sugars are above 8. I also don`t have any hypo symptoms until my blood sugar is below 2. I have been like this ever since I was diagnosed, the best way to deal with this is very frequent tests,I take Novorapid if over 8 in this way I have learnt how much to take and when dependent on the test result.
I hope that things get sorted out for your father soon.

jeves

I'm now feeling that be less than 1.6 2 nights running now didn't feel it in work but when I got home it's 1.6 never had this before always saw the warning signs

Sent from my KFTT using DCUK Forum mobile app