Type 2 three meds

annepgill

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance,racism
Hi all just looking some info I was diagnosed type 2 after taking hypothyroidism a year ago and put on metformin 500mg 3 times a day,my bs didn't come down so victoza was added 4 months ago still no joy so now I have to go to the endo clinic on Monday to get started on novorapid I'm getting a little freaked out needless to say and wonder if anyone can advise or help please :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

blackcat79

Hi
I too have struggled to control my levels to the point they were in to low 30s. Was on metformin glimperide n Javana. Hbc1 went up to 9% n so started insulin 5 wks ago both basal n fasting acting. They have beem upping my doses n now on 20 basal in am n 18 at night with 12 units of fast acting at meals n im just starting to get the odd single figure readings. I low carb too. Im now starting to do carb ratio to see how that goes.
It isnt as scary as i thought and as ur used to injecting ull b fine. Fingers get sore but again they settle down as u get use to it.
Good luck
Sue x

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Don't worry about the insulin as it's much easier than you might expect and the NovoRapid gives you great control based on the amount of carbs you are going to eat. As you are on Victoza I suspect you may be overweight, but I'm not at all knowledgeable about hypothyroidism? Are you low-carbing? It is vital to try to reduce weight if you are overweight otherwise any insulin resistance will require more insulin than you otherwise would

annepgill

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance,racism
Thanks everyone I was pretty healthy until my thyroid stopped working the doctors let it run so long i was really ill and it put 4 stone on me even though my eating and exercise routines hadn't changed the victoza did absolutely nothing for me including weight loss I had already lost 2 stone before I was put on it I think the levothyroxin helped that along thank god but thanks again I don't feel so scared now that I know there are people like you in the same position love and health to you all :) :)