reduced my Hba1c

galaxcee2001

Delighted with my results today, Hba1c 6.4 down from 10 in March :) I keep to less than 100 grams of carbs a day , I have lost weight and I feel great. I test myself every morning I am type 2 but on insulin ( i'm reducing this too). It's a perfect way to check blood sugars and lose weight. Most weight loss diets weigh in each week, a lot can go wrong over a week whereas testing the fasting sugar in the morning really keeps me in check.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Congrats :) brilliant progress :) :clap: :clap: :clap:

Weens12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Woohoooo! Way to go! you've done brilliantly! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

zaphod37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudice and bullying
Brilliant news very well done indeed.

Mark

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Well done - you must be feeling great!
:clap: :clap:

opacity

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Consumerism, waste, modern self-obsession with appearance, animal cruelty, pollution. Lies and liars.
I am counting myself very lucky as I've had spectacular success in lowering my Hba1c. It was 13.5 when I was first diagnosed with Type 2 six months ago. Last week it was 5.5. I can't take credit for doing anything special. I just cut carbs drastically and increased gentle exercise. Of course, the Metformin I was put on must take a lot of the credit, I think!
I used to be really bad, munching on chocs and lollies for hours every night while watching TV. My first step was to cut them out, replacing them with maltitol /xylotol /stevia sweetened treats. Then I cut down on the savoury carbs as well. I have always tried to eat the "better" carbs, anyway, like multigrain bread and basmati rice, so I just cut down the quantities of these. I've found my sweet tooth has diminished a lot, probably because the new treats are not quite as tasty as the old ones!
Now that I'm over the spinal surgery I had in late June, (Fusion of L4/5 and laminectomy) I am walking my dogs most days and increasing the distance as well. I have lost 6 kgs.
One suggestion I have is to buy one of those new "Soup Mate" devices that makes delicious soup in 20 minutes. You just chop your veggies into large chunks, top up with liquid stock and press start. It cooks and blends as it goes. I've never eaten so many healthy veggies! You can invent your own combo's but I use celery, leek, pumpkin, spinach, carrot, mushrooms, red capsicum and garlic. A blob of cream blended through adds a creamier texture. Delicious and so healthy.

opacity

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Consumerism, waste, modern self-obsession with appearance, animal cruelty, pollution. Lies and liars.
Thanks for the support, galaxcee. It's much appreciated. When you live alone you don't get much feedback, whether you do well or badly, and family who are not diabetic don't really understand the daily challenges, do they?

K

Kat100

What wonderful news, you should give yourself a treat...
Soups is so great, love homemade soups,and the chocolate with sweeteners.....think you deserve a bar ;)