Bit of advise please feeling sick

mrsshop

Hi. I'm type 2 and try to control but have the occasionally blimps. Latly when I get hungry I feel sick as In I feel im gonna throw up. Today I went to my friends house and stood in her hallway and felt so ill and I felt hungry inhad to sit on he floor as i felt i was gonna pass out she ran I to kitchen and got me a bit of chocolate as soon as I ate it I started to feel better. She said I'd gone very pale. But after eating I felt fine. What's wrong with me?

Karen.G.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you been testing your bloods?

If it happens again that would be the first thing I would do.

I've just started to get myself back on track - my bloods were in the twenties/thirties so when I started taking insulin again and my bloods dropped, I felt I was getting hypos - but it was just my body not being used to the lower blood sugar levels.

Karen.G.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
mrsshop said:
I've been told not to take my blood readings as at the doctors they will do a test every three months

They said the same to my friend and to be honest I think that's silly :crazy: How are you meant to know if the Metformin is working or whether you're eating the correct foods for your body if you don't take any readings?

It does sound like what I said above about a hypo but without testing your blood there is no way of saying that for certain.

If it happens again I would chat to your Nurse/Dr about it.

Sorry I couldn't help further.

equipoise

Hi Mrsshop -- it is really important that you get a meter and testing strips. You can't really 'try to control' if you don't have a way of measuring. By all means check with the nurse, but if she is not helpful you have got to take control yourself. Get a meter and test strips, read the forum guide on diet and testing levels, and get to work. If Karen.c. is right then your levels are way way too high. If they aren't way high, and you are having genuine low-sugar incidents, then there may be something else wrong with your system, and that will need checking out. What was your last hba1c?