Insulin injection

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have to share this because it was so bizarre!

Last night I took my Novorapid as usual... Or at least I tried to! Dialled up 3 units and popped it in my stomach. I wanted the usual 10 seconds or so the pulled the needle out. My insulin then came shooting out in a mini stream from my stomach!

I had friends round for dinner and a few of them saw it too otherwise I would have doubted it. Cue hilarity because it was just so weird!

Took another 3 units and monitored for hypos incase I was doubling up on Novorapid. But by bed time BG was where I would expect so it's obvious the first lot of insulin definitely came out.

Strange goings on haha

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Re: Insulin injection

Your an unusual case hale :lol:

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Never had that before!

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It was honestly the funniest thing I've ever seen (or so I thought at the time!) and was a minute before I could compare myself to change the needle and re inject!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

hale710 said:
It was honestly the funniest thing I've ever seen (or so I thought at the time!) and was a minute before I could compare myself to change the needle and re inject!

It's just as well you noticed it :eek:

LaughingHyena

I've had that before, I assumed I'd hit too close to a scar. After two oddly positioned babies, and c sections it easy to do :lol:

Good job you noticed though, and got the second dose right. When it's happen to me I have knocked a bit off, assuming I've got some the first time round.