Does it get less stress ful????
Thank you.

Shell1

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Mary,
Its does get easier i promise ,there will always be worries and when things seem ok something new will baffle you,but that's diabetes for you.
My daughter is 9 and was diagnosed in April it was awful scary and I felt I'd never cope but it has got lots easy we carb count her ratios are consistent most the time and we manage well.she still gets upset with injections so were hoping to get the pump.if u want to message me any questions I will try my best to help . I no how scary it is and stressful for everyone involved but it eventually its just another routine you get used to you just have to organise your day a bit more,weighing food ,checking bloods etc
Hope you ok sending you a hug and my thoughts x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Jofog70

Hi Mary

My daughter was 5, and we are 20 months into diagnosis. It does get better, it's just very overwhelming at the moment, all the questions asking yourself, why us? Why my child? Could we have avoided this? Children are resilient little things and they cope very well. My little one showed us what she was capable of. Don't get me wrong life does completely change, but our out look on life is for the better. We were carb counting within 3 months, so she could still have the treats, and we are now a month into pump therapy, which has changed her life completely for the better.
There is plenty of help and information out there, JDRF are brilliant for information (http://jdrf.org). They organise information days around the country and advise you of the latest research and treatments available. They have nursery and school guides and make you feel you have someone on your side.
Sending you a hug and keep your chin up xx

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Marykly

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you both for answering me
And ill look at that link
Thank you.
Plz keep in touch.