is it is just me?

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
hi, this is one of those irritating titles that kinda gives you no choice but to look but then realise you have no interest in whats being said huh,

is it just me or is the forum getting less busy? it used to be buzzing, youd have 3 posts in between your reply all of which said the same thing you was gonna and youd have to delete it all, so it made ya type fast so you got in first therefore not wasting your time, ive also noticed lots of people missing, and a lack of debating and even more scarey a lack of people getting in trouble, so what the hells going on? are there diabetic pods appearing in swimming pools around the country? or diabetic robot women walking around the supermarket being nice to each other? (that i wouldnt mind actually) so anyone noticed this phenomena?

tizzy

Not just you lots seem to be missing I I quite liked the heavy banter?? Couldn't wait to see replies etc maybe Xmas has taken over now but where have they gone

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
I agree, alot of the fonts of knowledge (in my opinion) seems to be alot less active or have disappeared.

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been missing, if that's what you mean ;)

Not really missing though, just watching quietly rather than posting as much. Too busy having multiple hypos to contribute and dare to offer knowledge when I'm clearly being a shambles myself right now haha

Have noticed less activity from "the regulars" though, plenty newbies on the other hand!

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
hale710 said:
I've been missing, if that's what you mean ;)

Not really missing though, just watching quietly rather than posting as much. Too busy having multiple hypos to contribute and dare to offer knowledge when I'm clearly being a shambles myself right now haha

Have noticed less activity from "the regulars" though, plenty newbies on the other hand!

yes you are a good example hehe

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Not me is it?
Don't tell me everyone has left since I started posting?

K

Kat100

I like to check this site but a lot of people who used to come on line have stopped....I thought that tonight...
How long do I have to be a newbie for???
Think I joined in April can't remember really.... Kat

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
The very nature of the forum means it will have busy periods and quiet spells, November & December has always been quiet with less people posting and concentrating on a certain event in December :)

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Who is missing?

I can think of a few names but I've not been here that long.

Its always a shame when someone starts a new thread and we all chip in and the person who started the thread never comments.

I think I ma a bit of an addict. I cant stop checking in once or twice a day.

Cara

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah no ones posting because they don't want to admit cheating over the next few weeks haha

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Kat100 said:
I like to check this site but a lot of people who used to come on line have stopped....I thought that tonight...
How long do I have to be a newbie for???
Think I joined in April can't remember really.... Kat

Lol I wondered this too! But I'm a proper newb compared to old-timey you (I joined in July).

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

hornplayer

Can't cheat. :( Got my Hb - thingy in January. :(

Having said that, throat hurts so much that even the thought of eating makes me feel sick. - Got a row off the doctor today for losing weight too fast - which is what happens when you stop eating- who knew?!?!

Anyway, yes, I agree. The board is quiet. I can think of a few who are missing. Bit worried about one or two of them. Maybe some PMs are in order.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine is in January too, but at 43 I have some wiggle room to increase a touch. Not too much though!

Ah yes I remember those days. I used to get tonsillitis multiple times a year and it made my weight yoyo!

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
ive had a bad cold/ man flu for a week now and i cant stop eating, weird

Mongoose39uk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sprouts
Sometimes it goes like this, sometimes for whatever reason people get a strop on and wander of to the other place.

susan manley

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
sarcasm, inconsiderate people,
I haven't been on for a while...I used to love the word association type games...as I was a bit 'I'm not ill' ish and went a bit silly so was ill!!.
Now back on target and feeling positive so back here too

And I am very well and getting a bit of a handle round new reading measures in fact down to 65 if that means anything

BaliRob

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Noisy dogs and loud music especially low-note drumming
I do not think there is any mystery - earlier this year and for the second time within 18 months or so - discussions became very heated the whole atmosphere became acrimonious especially regarding the subject of Carbohydrates and the arrest of 'hypo cases' in charge of motor vehicles.

The enrollment rate seems to have increased and the tenor of communication very acceptable.

No, " It isn't you" - I feel very comfortable about Diabetes.co.uk's future.

lrw60

Dislikes
salads, meat, being bored
I used to post quite a bit. I wanted to learn more about my condition and what I could do about it. This forum gave me lots of info and I explored most of them. The main thing I learned (it was what friends and family had been telling me) is that I was doing the right thing most of the time.

I am now on a lower carb diet than before I joined the forum but still much higher than most would call 'low carb'.

Since moving to Cornwall many years ago my family have become 'long distance family' we still contact each other as and when we feel the need, and that's the way I see this forum. I will pop back now and then to see how my 'long distance' diabetic friends are doing.

In case I don't see you soon,

Merry Christmas one and all!!