The best!!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I'm now being told by my pump clinic dsn and consultant that I am the best patient they have!!

Wow, thats a boost to my ego.. After them previously threatening my driving licence and telling me I was too caring over my bg levels... I totally relaxed my grip on OTT caring. It has totally changed my aspect and results.. Still get good hba of 6.2 but so much better results on daily blood levels and happier in myself and what a result with my hospital.. Now "the best" -yippee!!!!
Also told new pump next year will be given and funding wont be a problem..and the new accuchek pump will have preloaded cartridges and a touch screen remote... Cant wait!!

What a joy to get such a positive visit to hospital!!!

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
:clap:

Big high five - that's fantastic news.

Nice to hear something positive so hope that this continues for a very long time. Something to be said for taking it easy on yourself, seems if you stick it on a pedestal it just wants more attention, but give it a little pat on the back every now and again and it's eager to please.

Nice one :thumbup:

Daver

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Malicious liars, people who interrupt, war.
Great news! Congratulations. I must consider the pump I think.

Dave

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Has been an up and down time to get to this position of happiness and results. Was given a cgm at one point, but at hospital appt they said that they dont give people cgms longterm to patients now as they cause additional stress and worry (true). They give them to patients only on a 5 day time period now as accuracy and using one is best used only as a guideline to patterns.
So just so glad that I havent been the only person that has been told to relax their care of pump, cgm and blood readings...

Has made a huge difference to my life and well being by loosening my thoughts. I still care and look after myself but feel like I have my life back .

Having hospital saying I'm the best... Just confirms the difference in me mentally and physically. Have got through diagnosis of amyotrophy and slow colonic transit this year and feel that if I can do that and still smiling n laughing n good then theres hope for everyone!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Well done DD :thumbup:

iHs

donnellysdogs said:
I'm now being told by my pump clinic dsn and consultant that I am the best patient they have!!

Wow, thats a boost to my ego.. After them previously threatening my driving licence and telling me I was too caring over my bg levels... I totally relaxed my grip on OTT caring. It has totally changed my aspect and results.. Still get good hba of 6.2 but so much better results on daily blood levels and happier in myself and what a result with my hospital.. Now "the best" -yippee!!!!
Also told new pump next year will be given and funding wont be a problem..and the new accuchek pump will have preloaded cartridges and a touch screen remote... Cant wait!!

What a joy to get such a positive visit to hospital!!!

Wonder who will foot the bill for these plastic tidly pre filled cartridges - the CCG that the GP comes under or joint share between Novo and Accu chek?

http://asweetlife.org/news/eu-approves- ... ulin-pump/

Accu chek certainly know how to waste money especially when a special cartridge assembly is made to enable pump cartridges to be filled using whatever insulin a diabetic uses., only to scrap it and then go to the idea of pre filled cartridges again.

http://www.red-dot-21.com/products/accu ... lingsystem

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I dont care who funds or who wastes money to be honest if it does, what it suggests... Less airbubbles......
Although it does look like another contraption to keep in my trunk at the end of the bed!
And it isnt as my dsn said... Prefilled cartridges....
and it does look like it assumes everyone uses novorapid.

Hoping it is available pre September next year...