Phone apps

diamond13

Hi can anyone recommend a simple easy to use app for my phone where I can record and monitor my bs insulin and carbs. I'm not a big technology person so ease of use important. Thanks

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

erinkirby

mySugr is the best one out there in my opinion, I've tried several and this one is easy to use, fun, and best of all free!

MissyLA33

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Is that available on andriod? The kids version comes up but looking on that link there's an adult companion version? It takes me to itunes though!:roll:

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
MissyLA33 said:
Is that available on andriod? The kids version comes up but looking on that link there's an adult companion version? It takes me to itunes though!:roll:

Looks like they are still working on the Companion version for Android.

Is the Companion app also available for Android?
We’re hard at work on this.
The Companion App is a medical device. Therefore, it must meet several standards and requirements. This is a very time-consuming process. Furthermore, we want the Android version to reach the same quality level as its iOS brother. Please bear with us – your patience will pay off.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
MissyLA33 said:
Thanks Robert, I shall keep a look out for it. May use the child version for now. Nice and colourful at least!! :D

The grown-up version is still a little bit child-like IMO ;) There should be a feature to turn the monster off :crazy:

iHs

ManageBGL is a good app for Android. You have to join it first though to find out what it does for you but its a good bolus wizard and will also help guide in using the correct basal rate for the bg levels entered as data and also help adjust the carb ratios correctly.

mariposa84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I e-mailed the MySugr people to ask when the Companion would be available and the reply said they hoped by the end of this year or early in the new year.

ShellyC23

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I currently use onTrack which is available on Android and is free. I've used it for 3 years but unfortunately recent "upgrades" are not to my liking but if you've not seen it before its worth a look as it may be just what you want