HELP!!!

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I started low carb 3 weeks ago and it is not going well. In 3 weeks I have lost 3 llbs and nothing in the past week. I have cut out sugar but maybe I am eating too many carbs? I noticed yesterday that I tested 2 hours after my lunch and had a level of 5,2 then tested 2 hours after that it had gone up to 6.2. I hadn't eaten anything and had only had a mug of tea with soya milk. Am I testing too early at 2 hours or would the tea and soya milk affect my levels?

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
To be honest that level doesn't sound too bad. Early days though just give it time.

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It's not really the level I am querying but the fact that it went up with no food eaten and only tea and milk.

I know it's early days and I will persevere

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Blimey only going up by 1.0 2 hours after a meal is fantastic for any body!!' You should be jumping for joy!!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Sorry you said you tested 2 hours after lunch.. Did you just have a cup of tea for lunch? Non diabetics levels will change by 1.0 depending on activities, stress etc.

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
donnellysdogs said:
Sorry you said you tested 2 hours after lunch.. Did you just have a cup of tea for lunch? Non diabetics levels will change by 1.0 depending on activities, stress etc.

sorry my post was badly worded. I had my lunch, tested, then 2 hours later tested again before my tea. Between the 2 tests I only had a cup of tea. I was surprised that it went up not down in those 2 hours but now I know that can happen I will expect it.

Sabantha

That's fine, I wouldn't be concerned in slightest with those levels, the average joes sugars rise and fall during day, my sugars are slightly higher between 1030 - 12 I'm on a pump so can adjust accordingly. Best to just test before meals I think, unless I'm doubting my carb counting I never test after food (unless unwell ect) and as long there within my target then I'm happy!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
The liver has a nasty habit of kicking out glucose into the bloodstream. It's a right pain in the bum and can mean that sometime you get an unpredictable reading.
Also, the test meters are accurate to +/- 20%, so never stress out about changes of 1mmol.