Terrified by symptoms

Hi
I'm new to this so please bear with me. I was sent for random blood tests including fasting blood sugar on Tuesday which came back as 11.3. My GP called me and sked me to go back on Thurs for another one, I don't have results yet but I have appt. to see him on Tues. However I have suspected for some time that I have diabetes. I tested my blood on Thursday which was 13.5 an hour after having some toast. I have been excessively thirsty for a long time now and my bladder disease makes me pee frequently especially at night. I have recently had antibiotics for a UTI and have severe itching down below. I fall asleep at silly times but especially after I have eaten I sweat excessively and have had a bilateral sympathectomy which has caused me to sweat all over. Am I diabetic?? I'm terrified. :oops: :

MelanieL

Hi busymisslizzie. Sorry that you're suffering so many horrid symptoms, and although a diagnosis of diabetes isn't the best news you'll ever receive, it isn't the end of the world. Hopefully, once you have things a bit more under control, the other piggyback illnesses will be resolved and you will feel better. Anyway, you have got off to a good start, as this is a very friendly place full of excellent information and advice. I'm a fairly newly diagnosed Type 2 diabetic, and were it not for this forum, I would really have found it a struggle! If you have any questions, there are so many people here who will come up with the right answers for you. Try not to worry, and good luck,

Thank you for your friendly welcome. I can't wait until Tuesday to see what my second result is and what the Doctor will do for me,and I will definitely use this site again.
Liz :p

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Hi Lizzie ,welcome to the forum.It does sound like you have diabetes but only your blood tests will confirm that for sure.With a high blood sugar level like you have you will be sleepy,lacking in energy etc.Hopefully once you get your sugar levels down you will have more energy.With high blood sugar levels and after being on antibiotics you may well have developed 'Thrush' ,fungi just love high sugar levels!Please check this out with your doctor when you see him so that the proper treatment can be given.
Diabetes ,however ,is not the end of the world.It can be controlled so that life can go on in a normal fashion.We are here to help if you want,ask questions,someone will answer them.We have all been there and understand how you feel.

thank you sugarless sue, can anyone tell me how high my blood sugar would be to have to get urgent medical attention. It was 18.1 this morning and I feel quite unwell.
any help appreciated
:?

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
That is high,Lizzie.I would definitely go and see your doctor ASAP.