Frustrated and upset

Shell1

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
God she would lure not to carry her meter everywhere.breakfast and dinner pretty much the same mon-fri its just her tea time meal that varies and also weekends.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

este

Believe me I can relate to your daughters point of view here - I'm nineteen now but those tantrums still seem like yesterday haha. I was diagnosed when I was 7 and I remember screaming, crying and even lashing out at my mum because if a BM or injection was outside a normal routine, I wasn't prepared for it and didn't see why it was necessary. My parents tried everything from the 'your health in the future' talk to bribery, but in the end I remember their patience worked the best. They would just sit it out, let me cry and scream and eventually I'd either be feeling so ****** or guilty that I'd usually go ahead with whatever was needed. Then they would tell me I was brave and stuff and that helped a lot. I thank my parents for their perseverance with my health now and even if you feel bad at the time it will be worth it when your daughter is older.

iHs

I think the best way of dealing with type 1 and injections is to leave the type 1 find out for themselves without the injection, eat food, and then find themselves feeling extremely thirsty, tired, on the loo all the time and then wish very much that they had given themselves the jab which would have then prevented the high bg levels making them feel awful. Sometimes nagging, doesn't do a lot of good as its human to argue back but all type 1's learn the error of their ways.

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I think the best way of dealing with type 1 and injections is to leave the type 1 find out for themselves without the injection, eat food, and then find themselves feeling extremely thirsty, tired, on the loo all the time and then wish very much that they had given themselves the jab which would have then prevented the high bg levels making them feel awful. Sometimes nagging, doesn't do a lot of good as its human to argue back but all type 1's learn the error of their ways.

I disagree Ihs sorry, having been there as the kid rebelling hating your parents, first memory is being pinned down to be injected. I can see your point that error of her ways might work with an adult but it wont with a child.

Shell your doing the right things by coxing teaching and even bribing if necessary, your also right to be concerned but stick with it, your doing ok. Any advance on the pump yet? might it help if she could meet someone wearing one? maybe someone her own age?

Shell1

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks all for advice everyone x
Hi engineer 88,they have a slot for Chloe in January if she can show she will inject in her tummy and back .finally after a lot of upset she did her tummy which now she does not mind much and last week did her back which she was very stressed out n cried after on my knee for about a hour ! We've watched together you tube clips and there was a young girl doing her pump cheerfully and it was pink which pleases Chloe its just daunting and scary for her but will stop all the upset of multi injections.i no she will get through it as she's a brave little girl x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
You've been offered such excellent replies from the good members
who responded, that I couldn't possibly add to them, Shell1

All I can say is that I can only try and visualize the circumstance you find
yourself in and hope you both experience a long lasting positive outcome.

You must be shattered.

Best wishes to you and your little daughter.

willie.

maria030660

Dislikes
backstabbers, brocoli and dirt toilets...uggghhhh
Hi,

I am type 1 and my daugther developed type 1 too, she used to skip insulin injections to stay thin and speaking to her about was like talking to a brick wall. I spoke to her diabetic nurse about it and what you are going through is not unique. Plenty of young girls havethe same issue. best to talk about it with her consultant/diabtic nurse what is the best way to walk with her. The harder you push the more reluctant she will become.