Best way to lose 5 stone

PhilT

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
NICNAK68 said:
Hi all, I need to lose at lease 5 stone, what is the best way about doing this ?

I am a type 1 diabetic

Eating less. Let's say around 1400 calories for starters without much data to go on. As used by Prof Roy Taylor with Hairy Dieters.

In getting to 1400 cals focus on reducing carbs and discuss how to reduce insulin pro rata as you do so.

Try to walk or at least stand up one hour per day.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Cupcaake32 said:
Chop off a leg

You beat me to that one. I once knew a professional comedian and made the mistake of asking how I could lose two stone of ugly fat and he told me to cut my head off.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi NikNak,
I lost just over 10st - it took me 4 years and still have a tiny bit more to go but I got there!
I am T2 on met and gliclizide so I may eat a little different to you but here's how I did it it may help :)

I stuck to 1400 cals, between 90 - 120g carbs ( as a T1 this may be too low for you that's for you to decide)
I record EVERYTHING I eat on myfitnesspal - it gives you all the nutrition info you need and you can record your weight loss exercise etc.

I never looked at the big picture, instead I set a small goal like I want to be 5lb lighter for my birthday in 4 weeks,once I got there I set another, this seemed to me to be more achievable. I only get weighed once a month and was always lighter than the month before

One rule I set myself is that if I wanted to eat I had to set the table and sit at the table to eat it, even a bit of chocolate, this soon stops you snacking as it just isn't worth it :lol:

Good luck you can do it think positive and if you slip up don't punish yourself, but get right back on, not oh I had this today so it's messed today up I will get back to it tomorrow , get back to it straight away!