susan manley

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
sarcasm, inconsiderate people,
Hello
I used to use this forum a lot but rather slipped back with my own care but now back on the [sort of] straight and narrow.

Type 2 diagnosed 2012 after pancreatitus. Lost weight and controlled [when on task] by low carb diet

Thank you all for your previous help and hope to talk again now I am back

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't remember you Susan so I may not have been around when you were. It is nice to see someone taking the trouble to give feedback and that is the reason I replied. Thanks on behalf of the forum.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi Susan and welcome back. I remember your old username as susanmanley if you want to go there to see all your previous posts and use PM.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
susan manley said:
Hello
I used to use this forum a lot but rather slipped back with my own care but now back on the [sort of] straight and narrow.

Type 2 diagnosed 2012 after pancreatitus. Lost weight and controlled [when on task] by low carb diet

Heya :) glad our doing well again :)

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Hi Susan! I remember you last year when I was on here on my old account-welcome back! :)

CathyN

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
prejudice, racism, complacency, ignorance
Hi Susan

I remember you!

Funnily enough it's been a long time since I was on here too. I kind of lost all of my oomph! I let my food diary go mid Sept and have been putting off my next HbA1c because I very much fear it will have gone up. Got back on track with my testing and record keeping today and have had some good readings, so I feel a lot happier.

Sincerely hope the same applies to you!

Take care

CathyN

susanmanley

it seems like a lot of people lose it for a while. It suddenly all becomes too much.
fortunately we get back on track in our own ways.

Morganator

Well I've lost it this week, I'm burying my Mum tomorrow and I've just Sat and ate a large tub of raspberry ripple ice cream.
I don't know what my levels are and can't Bw bothered to test. Stupid behaviour I know but I don't want to be sensible just now.
I'll give myself a kick up the butt next week but surely a few days will not matter will it?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
susan manley said:
Hello

Hello Susan :wave: lovely to see you back :D

RRB

susanmanley

sometimes events take over our lives but hope it all settles for you soon morganator.
was thinking of you today and send a hug and some virtual ice cream [no carbs or sugar OK]

Janiept

Expert
Morganator said:
Well I've lost it this week, I'm burying my Mum tomorrow and I've just Sat and ate a large tub of raspberry ripple ice cream.
I don't know what my levels are and can't Bw bothered to test. Stupid behaviour I know but I don't want to be sensible just now.
I'll give myself a kick up the butt next week but surely a few days will not matter will it?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

I am so sorry to hear your sad news (((Morganator))). It's completely understandable and to be expected that you will be thinking about things other than testing. Plenty of time to get back to that but first you need to give yourself time to grieve and that can take quite a while.
Oh by the way, it's not stupid behaviour it's completely normal. Try not to beat yourself up and just be kind to yourself. You have a huge amount to get your head round and you will eventually but for now if you want to break the rules - what the heck!

Hope you and all your family got through today ok. Thinking of you x