Exercises for losing weight?

eemojohn258

I think cardio exercise in gym and running enough for weight loss. I just start running 4 or 5 miles per day and i got very good result in 45 days and i lose my weight I also maintain my healthy diet plan with that.

MartinAU

If you want to lose weight, you're not alone. While there are many things you can do to shed pounds, losing weight too quickly can be dangerous. Fad diets, diet pills, and fasting may help you reduce the number on the scale, but these methods can cause severe health complications.

If you are generally healthy and you are determined to drop several pounds quickly, there are some techniques and tips you can adopt to help you reach your short-term goals.

However, Haitham Arifaki in his book http://www.maximumfitness.com.au/ebook.html suggests these methods:

- Fad Diets
- Weight Loss Spa Treatments
- Healthy Eating Habits
- Exercise More

I really hope this will help you.

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Revisiting this post because I am finding that strength training is now having an adverse effect on my BG's compared to cardio, this was not the case for me before. i am doing primarily Squats, overhead presses, bench presses, deadlifts and standing rows 3 times a week, each session lasting 45 mins or so. For some time afterwards I go to 8mmol, with a later nosedive to 3mmol. I usually do 25 to 45 mins of cardio after strength training. Other days I might do between 45mins to 2 hours of medium level cardio (rower and cycling).

I have been low carbing for quite a while, currently usually less than 60g, moderate protein, moderate fat. The only things that have changed is that I increased carbs very slightly and reduced fat to compensate. i do now have more lean muscle mass (bodyfat about 19% which is about right for my age 57) than I had previously and I am on maintenance cals as I don't want to lose more weight.

I'm on low dose metforminSR, diet and exercise regime. Last Hba1c was 46, but have until recently been running much lower in my meter, especially after exercise. Due another Hba1c very soon.

Any ideas?

sinvogue

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
How dos someone who is an OAP with wonky knees Manage to walk round the block every two days or so, when after on walk round leaves me chair bound. Well it's back to the armchair

2christine

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I got a wii game and have been playing bowls will my hubby all afternoon,i got arm muscles like popeye lol.

cath99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
rude d/n nurses and being treated like im wierd because im diabetic
for me has been a tredmill .. slowly losing but not quickly and worth the money good luck x