Both eyes blurly

NICNAK68

So, this morning I woke up with not just my left eye with poor vision but also my right eye, its impossi ble to drive and i'm finding it hard on my pc atr work I am very sad

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
High bg can make the lens of the eye swell, this is why those who are newly diagnosed often find their vision is blurry but once bg is stabilised things improve, better to get your eyes checked if the blurriness continues.

nannyani1

I had an eye test because my eye s were blury and i didnt know i was type one at the time. So then all of this kicked off about eight weeks ago and now my new glasses are useless, im wearing my reading glasses to walk around and watch tv etc, but have to take them off to read, its blury without anything but better than qith my specs. Im angry that my diabetes wasnt spotted when i had my eye test and now that my bgls are nearly normal instead of the 31.8 that they were 8 weeks ago, i think it may be time for a retest. I cant wait to be able to see properly again :D. Xxx

sw11bloke

This is from running high blood sugars.
My vision went blurry from time to time and I ran higher than I should. In hindsight..... I should not have allowed this. i went for a retinal screen and to my horror I was diagnosed with maculopathy. Maculopathy is not reversible and if I did not get my HBA1C down to 7%, I was told that I will go blind. Please dont ignore this.
You may not have maculopathy or retinopathy... all im saying is dont allow your blood sugars to affect your vision if you can allow it.
Gradually get your blood sugars down - Its hard work but can be done.
I honestly believed that it was impossible for me but I stripped everything back. Im on a low carb diet, Im not eating any sugars, cakes or sweets anymore. ive stopped drinking fruit juice or fizzy drinks.
My HBA1C has dropped from 11% to 8.2% and will hopefully be 7% at my next hospital visit in Dec.
I had my opthalmology tests and scans this week and luckily theres no leaks. Fingers crossed if I continue this way, I can save my eyesight. Please dont ignore this.