is he diabetic

cath99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
rude d/n nurses and being treated like im wierd because im diabetic
a close friend has suddenly in last 2 weeks having blurred vision thirst increase tiredness dry mouth, I think this sounds like diabetes displaying all the symtoms, he doesn't know I have it as I only found out week or so ago myself, but his vision is poor he has visted the optiction who said he was stressed? im not so sure myself any input would help. ive decided to use my meter to check his sugar and see once and for all . any imput be appreciated

AlexMBrennan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well, could be. When in doubt, it would be best for him to see his GP who could do all the tests neccesary.

ive decided to use my meter to check his sugar
And what was the result of that test?

sw11bloke

Oh dear cath.... sorry to hear. Hope your diagnosis is settling down. Its a huge thing to deal with and certainly life changing.

All your friends symptoms were the same as mine when I was diagnosed.
Test his blood first thing in the morning before food. If its over 7, Id say he need to get checked out. You can also test ASAP and if its unusually high, he should go to A&E straight away.
Keep us posted and good luck

cath99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I will do ... im concerned as I have It to its the vision im worried about soon as my test strips come I will test him and see if I can get him to go gp asap I don't think this is stress atall ! thanku xx

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
cath99 said:
I will do ... im concerned as I have It to its the vision im worried about soon as my test strips come I will test him and see if I can get him to go gp asap I don't think this is stress atall ! thanku xx

I wouldn't wait for the test strips, better that he goes along to his gp and explain his symptoms.

cath99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
yes I have suggested it but typical male hes stubborn :( but I will try hard to get him tested as hes having tough time id be surrised if this isn diabeties, fingers crossed we get this sorted thanku

cath99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
just hiblood sugar come back at 19.2 I don't think theres much doubt there he was bit upset and shocked to :cry: and hes fit/healthy to so doctors and meds I think for him thanks all

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Wow 19.2 that's crazy! It might be worth getting him to A&E with a reading that high, that way his levels can be corrected right away.